Danelectro Tuners

TravvyBear

• Members

You know the tuner hole size? Also are your tuners like this? I'd throw in some Kluson style if its vintage sized, and maybe some Grovers, Schallers, or Sperzels if its bigger.

dan-neck-back.jpg

Not sure of the size, but yeah my tuners are exactly like that.

• Members

It's physically impossible to turn worm gears - which is what tuners are - in reverse. It cannot be done. Your tuners are not slipping because there's too much tension on the string. The fault lies either in the nut, bridge, or more likely, your stringing method.

Here's how you string a guitar:

fig2.jpgfig3.jpg

Put the string through the tuner hole. Bring it around under the string, then loop it over. Tune so that the 'loose end' is locked when wound. Be sure to stretch your strings at the 12th fret when you're done. Tune again. Never have a problem again.

• Members

my very first guitar was a u2 with a broken neck (the neck had a huge crack in it) almost split the neck in half, it was an older one but i rocked that guitar for years (even wiped out and bashed it on the cement while skateboarding with it as a kid) and it stayed in tune pretty well considering i played it 4 hours a day...... still have it to this day with the cracked neck, but doesn't hold up as well as it used to.... sorry for the nostalgia stories but the u2 hits close to my heart... was given to me by my oldest brother when i was a kid and got me playing guitar, great sounding and playing guitar... i especially love the flat neck on it. hopefully u solve your tuning problems, but no matter what never sell it.

• Members

It's physically impossible to turn worm gears - which is what tuners are - in reverse. It cannot be done. Your tuners are not slipping because there's too much tension on the string. The fault lies either in the nut, bridge, or more likely, your stringing method.

Here's how you string a guitar:

fig2.jpgfig3.jpg

Put the string through the tuner hole. Bring it around under the string, then loop it over. Tune so that the 'loose end' is locked when wound. Be sure to stretch your strings at the 12th fret when you're done. Tune again. Never have a problem again.

This will most likely fix your problem.

• Members

While changing strings today, my rosewood slab came off of the bridge :cry: the screw no longer keeps it in place :(

Time to get a new bridge for it :( I had noticed it was getting lose, I wonder if that was the issue with the tuning stability.

I'm now electric guitarless.

• Members

While changing strings today, my rosewood slab came off of the bridge
:cry:
the screw no longer keeps it in place
:(

Time to get a new bridge for it
:(
I had noticed it was getting lose, I wonder if that was the issue with the tuning stability.

I'm now electric guitarless.

tele? did i miss something?

Archived