I need some advice...

companyman

• Members

I have been looking for a good used Ampeg SuperJet to replace my Musicman RD-50, and found one used at a Guitar Center. I hate that place but really want that Ampeg....so my question is how do I go in there and get a straight trade, The Musicman is worth quite a bit more than the Ampeg, considering it's condition and vintage status...thanks

• Members

I know Music Go Round used to give you about 40% of what they're going to list it at so if both amps were worth say $500 bucks you'd get $200 bucks for yours and still they'd turn around and list it at $500, so you really are never able to trade straight up for anything of equal value. They always make money on any deal. So if you wanted to trade them for a $500 amp you'd have to give them something that they would sell for like $1200.

Sell the RD-50 and buy a superjet.

This.

• Members

brilliant...I should have thought of that! Hey DanJep...wanna buy a Musicman RD-50?

The reality is that what are trying to do is a foolish way to invest. Despite what you think, buying and selling gear is an investment and should be treated as such. Trading something straight across isn't very wise especially when the RD-50 is worth considerably more. You could sell your RD-50 for less than it's worth and still come out ahead of where you'd be if you did a trade to gc.

• Members

investment is not what I think of when it comes to gear....it is a matter of meeting my needs with my band....TGP is NOT what I'm about....at all. I am impatient....works to my detriment at times....it just seems that everytime I find a SuperJet, it sells before I can get it.

Archived