Oh really now?

BTBAM

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Discmakers. I'm waiting to hear a response back. I assumed my discs were going to be silkscreened, when it looks like they aren't, and there must have been an ink problem with whatever it is they did use.

• Members

The disc looks weird to me though...its glossy.

Oh well. gotta tell myself there are 2 factors that matter.

1) presentation in initial packaging

2) the on disc material

Probably moreso 2 than 1, but you see 1 first.

• Members

I have a box of Nat King Tron discs sitting in my basement because discmakers botched the printing. The issue was resolved but it def made me rethink using them again.

When these go up for sale I will buy one so as to support your band. I assume most folks on this site will buy a copy as well to support you. I assume you got the itunes uploads as well right?

We went the itunes route and we sold a few but obviously the merch table is the bread and butter.

Getting those boxes of cds can be so {censored}ing thrilling.

Congrats.

• Members

Jeff Clayton from ANTiSEEN told me about a place that will press cd's for around a dollar a disc, no minimum order. I can't remember the site but I'll find out. That's where I plan on getting my other band's {censored} pressed at.

• Members

I assume you got the itunes uploads as well right?

We went the itunes route and we sold a few but obviously the merch table is the bread and butter.

Getting those boxes of cds can be so {censored}ing thrilling.

Congrats.

I did not do the itunes route yet. I sort of have a qualm about that...I'm currently trying to work through. When I think about the era we are in right now...any {censored}head can record loud noisy {censored}...record it terribly, and put it on itunes with some money, and people can buy that {censored}. I think there is a lot of garbage out there polluting the music buying realm...and since my recordings aren't of super caliber quality, I only feel I'd further ad to the {censored} pile that is growing.

I figure I'd keep them as physical discs if someone wanted to buy at a show or online, or let people download it.

SAL, I'd still love to hear some feedback if you'd gotten a chance to listen.

• Members
Yeah, when you get these ready to sell I will buy one. I have a thousand new discs coming my way in about a week or so and I'm freaking out that there will be something wrong with the shipment.

1,000 :eek:

I wish I had the money/exposure to have that many.

• Members

Jeff Clayton from ANTiSEEN told me about a place that will press cd's for around a dollar a disc, no minimum order. I can't remember the site but I'll find out. That's where I plan on getting my other band's {censored} pressed at.

could you PM me that as well? i'd be much appreciatted.

• Members

The record label helped with that. It wasn't much per disc getting a thousand pressed. 6 panel full color insert was I believe around $1,200 with shipping and everything. I hope I don't end up a few years from now with 800 of these bastards still sitting in my closet.

• Members

Very cool, despite whatever printing mishap there was.

I'll be sure to actually buy this one
:lol:
Those contests are too risky when good tunes are involved.

(and I can't remember if I ever properly thanked you so...THANK YOU
:thu:
)

you got my first ever tree painting for that release, feel special :) I did, however, feel the desire the other day to make one of them a little later in the "Fall" process

IMG00483.jpg

Archived