FML RROD

Bill Cosby

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
...{censored} YES {censored} YES {censored} YES {censored} YES {censored} YES {censored} YES {censored} YES {censored} YES {censored} YES {censored} YES {censored} YES {censored} YES {censored} YES {censored} YES {censored} YES {censored} YES {censored} ...

:cop:

• Members

so i have a cools story....

a friend of mine (who is not too bright) buys an xbox 360 off ebay for a ridiculous price (so he tells me)....then he finds out that it was being sold broken....like i said, he's not too bright. so my cousin, who is pretty smart and very :evil: buys it off my friend for like 30 bucks, goes to wal-mart and buys a brand new one, puts the old one in the box he got from wal-mart and returns the broken one.

so long story short, he got a working xbox360 for like $30

• Members
so i have a cools story....

a friend of mine (who is not too bright) buys an xbox 360 off ebay for a ridiculous price (so he tells me)....then he finds out that it was being sold broken....like i said, he's not too bright. so my cousin, who is pretty smart and very
:evil:
buys it off my friend for like 30 bucks, goes to wal-mart and buys a brand new one, puts the old one in the box he got from wal-mart and returns the broken one.

so long story short, he got a working xbox360 for like $30

thats not a CSB
thats pretty {censored}ty for the person who took it back in,because when someone further up the chain figures out that the serial on it,and the box don't match then the employee is screwed

this also artificially inflates the price of products in general because Walmart sure as hell don't "absorb" the loss,they tack it onto the price of goods so we all get screwed

basically your Cousin is a Jerkface. :cop:

• Members

don't do the towel trick! it wrecks your xbox.... they are really easy to fix, and you only need like 15 bucks in supplies..... I have fixed countless RROD xbox's...

you can download torrents walking you through it.... the problem with the rrod is that it has overheated... all you need to do is clean off the scorched thermal paste, and a re apply new thermal paste on the gpu's under the heat sink.

I have bought broken xboxs for like 20 bucks and fixed them with a %100 success rate, and I'm no expert on fixing electronics.

Trust me look into it.... the towel trick will work for about a week and in return will leave your box un-fixable.

• Members

you need to go to the hardware store, buy screws, nuts, and plastic washers. Open it up, remove the x-clamp, take the heatsink off the cpu and gpu, wash the thermal paste off with rubbing alcohol, and apply a fresh coat. Put the heatsink back on with the screws/washers instead of the x-clamp.

It fixes the problem permanently, takes about 2 hours, and costs about $6

• Members
thats not a CSB

thats pretty {censored}ty for the person who took it back in,because when someone further up the chain figures out that the serial on it,and the box don't match then the employee is screwed

this also artificially inflates the price of products in general because Walmart sure as hell don't "absorb" the loss,they tack it onto the price of goods so we all get screwed

basically your Cousin is a Jerkface.
:cop:

cant disagree with you there....he really is

• Members

I made new heatsinks out of electrical tape and pennies and glued them into place with thermal paste.

And now it only operates when the HD is detached, and plays games for about a minute.

Then it turns off and flashes two red rings.

I might just buy a new console.

Archived