Favorite Concerts/Shows you've been to

• Members

Literally an out with the old in with the new moment. By the end of their set he Mondays had so many people on the stage dancing that the bass and guitar stacks were swaying. The pixies then proceeded to come on and be incredibly boring. I've always heard they were never a great live band. Anyway I neverwentto see the pixies again, but I saw the Mondays four more times.

Yeah. Still no.

• Members

Melt Banana-a friend talked me into going, and I was totally unprepared for the mayhem...The whole night it felt like they were verging on the edge of collapse, only to pull back and put everything under control again...Best live act I've ever seen...

Santana-'88, everyone onstage pure musicians...Best part was during an extended jam, the bass player was left alone onstage, and he played Little Wing solo...

Bob Mould, opening for the Pixies, and making the Pixies irrelevant...I am in agreement with Trick that they are boring live...Maybe they've gotten better since then...I saw Frank Black doing a solo show a few weeks ago, and it was good...

Neil Young, just before Harvest Moon came out...Just him and his guitar...

Jello Biafra and the Melvins....Melvins opened, then were Jello's band for the night...As good as it sounds...

Nels Cline/Greg Bendian doing Intersteller Space...my jaw was on the floor for days afterwards...

Archived