SOT: Who here uses BG pickpus?

• Members

Just curious... Bryan makes fantastic pickpus, he posts here(Norcal_git_r), and gives forumites a discount. He's the bee's knees over at HCEG where I hang out at times. Really a fantastic product, I have his Smoke Stacks in my PRS CE 24 and just put a V60-V60-S90 set in my modded Strat Plus Dlx.

Here's a vid I made of the Smoke Stacks, demo of the Strat pups coming:

[YOUTUBE]KwuxdsvBWJw[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

I have a set of custom alnico III pups he wound for my Telecaster. It sounds amazing and that guitar is now my favorite. The pups have so much clarity and tone, and are really sweet-sounding.

I highly recommend his pups.

• Members

Glad you posted this, I've emailed him once about replacing the humbuckers in my PRS Singlecut SE. I want more of a classic/PAF sound I think, nice with cleans but good with overdrive, distortion and fuzz too. the BG Dark perhaps?

• Members

Glad you posted this, I've emailed him once about replacing the humbuckers in my PRS Singlecut SE. I want more of a classic/PAF sound I think, nice with cleans but good with overdrive, distortion and fuzz too. the BG Dark perhaps?

I hear the Lizards are closest to a Gibby 57 Classic, but I'm sure the BG Dark will be nice as well.

• Members

V60s in my strat, Dark Buckers in my Les Paul. Both are excellent pickups.

The week after I put the Dark Buckers, I showed up at band practice and had not told anyone I was switching pickups. The second I started playing, one of the bandmates says, what the HECK did you do? That sounds unbelievable! (and this was switching from a SD JB/Jazz set).

Can't recommend them enough.

• Members

V60s in my strat, Dark Buckers in my Les Paul. Both are excellent pickups.

The week after I put the Dark Buckers, I showed up at band practice and had not told anyone I was switching pickups. The second I started playing, one of the bandmates says, what the HECK did you do? That sounds unbelievable! (and this was switching from a SD JB/Jazz set).

Can't recommend them enough.

Word. It's crazy how much talent Bryan has, I don't know if I've heard a bad thing about his pickpus ever.

For the Strat guys, his S90 kicks ass and destroys worlds!

Archived