NAD (JCM800 content)

jhamnett

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
I'm actually liking it mostly as a one channel... SO awesome how it goes from ballz dirty to clean with a small roll of the knob
:thu:

yeah, marshall amps are cool like that

does yours have any bleed through issues? I remember some of those 80s channel switchers had that issue.

• Members

yeah, marshall amps are cool like that

does yours have any bleed through issues? I remember some of those 80s channel switchers had that issue.

Not that I know of... but the reverb really hasn't been working. Gonna get it recapped and looked at tomorrow. There was a buzz when engaging the reverb, but that was taken care of by adding a power cable with good ground.

• Members
Not that I know of... but the reverb really hasn't been working. Gonna get it recapped and looked at tomorrow. There was a buzz when engaging the reverb, but that was taken care of by adding a power cable with good ground.

good man :thu: get it checked and recapped ASAP so you don't lose a tranny or blow any old parts :cop:

the channel switchers don't get as much love as the single channel models, but they still sound damn good.

just get it checked out, get some new power supply caps, and ROCK IT HARD :love:

• Members

I remember something about the gain channel bleeding through to the clean or something. What year is yours?

From 86 on they fixed the bleed-through issues. It's those earlier years that you have to watch out for.

• Members

From 86 on they fixed the bleed-through issues. It's those earlier years that you have to watch out for.

I think it's earlier, but not totally sure. I'll check and remember to bring that up when I bring the amp in for servicing... today.

• Members

OK - here's another question (rather than start a new thread). I brought the amp in to see my tech for a tuneup.

1 - He says the caps should be fine since they're metal caps. Found out the amp is from 1983. Is this true?

2 - I put a balanced 12AT7 in V4 for the reverb driver. He says the circuit needs the gain of the 12AX7 in V4 for the reverb.

I believe him, but these two points surprised me a bit. Anyway, the reverb was not really doing much so there's something wrong, plus I need to ground the input jack (radio signals last night)... and I need to get a matched set of power tubes in to bias. He doesn't trust the old Siemens tubes, even though they sound like sex. Will report after repairs...

Archived