OT - Saw Snoop Dogg last night

Rizza

• Members

I don't listen to hip-hop like I used to, but hey, it's Snoop, part of the rap I grew up with and he had a show in my city.

The warmup acts were pretty decent. Snoop Dogg came nearly an hour late, but when he came on, he did NOT dissappoint. Played all the songs I was hoping to hear, the old school classics plus the newer stuff.

He really killed it on stage, still bringing it. Brought a band with him - real groovy rhythm section, loved the drummer, Carlos McSwain, you could see he had fun playing, his kit sounded GREAT, and the bass player, Robert "Bubby" Lewis had a sweet-looking 5-string (black body, maple neck) that you could feel through the entire body. The bass was huge! Couldn't hear the guitar too well, but the keys were good.

He was on for at least an hour, and I was dead tired when it was over. Like most hip-hop shows; a lot of "say THIIIIS say THAAAAT", throwing/waving your hands in the air, plus he did "Jump Around". :lol:

Overall, a really fun show, I had a great time. :thu:

• Members

dude, i love Snoop Dogg... glad to hear you enjoyed it! I like that he actually has a band, too!

Yeah, a live band is what really makes a hip-hop show stand out. I don't think I ever stopped bumping my head or moving my body.

• Members

I think he lit up something as he was leaving the stage...

He had two bodyguards with him - big guys in suits - standing on each side of the stage during the concert. They stood there throughout the show, for an hour without moving a muscle! :eek:

• Members
I think he lit up something as he was leaving the stage...

He had two bodyguards with him - big guys in suits - standing on each side of the stage during the concert. They stood there throughout the show, for an hour without moving a muscle!
:eek:

yep....big Muslim dudes in suits :eek:

i was on lollapalooza for a few dates in 97, and Snoop was on that tour.

he rode up in a BULLET PROOF van.....like a BRINKS truck...with about a DOZEN of those dudes in suits!

even backstage, no one could get close to him, it was during that whole east coast/west coast thing, i guess tupac had been shot, etc.....Snoop wasn't taking any chances.....

• Members

yep....big Muslim dudes in suits
:eek:

i was on lollapalooza for a few dates in 97, and Snoop was on that tour.

he rode up in a BULLET PROOF van.....like a BRINKS truck...with about a DOZEN of those dudes in suits!

even backstage, no one could get close to him, it was during that whole east coast/west coast thing, i guess tupac had been shot, etc.....Snoop wasn't taking any chances.....

Smart choice... I'm glad he's still with us, and {censored} was going crazy...

I know they're opposite coasts, but I've been listening to Biggie's Ready to Die nonstop all yesterday and today...

Archived