joeyowen

• Members

Can't go far wrong with the laney VC series. Decent cleans. bit of verb, never really use the drive channel mind.

Although theyve gone up a bit in price it seems - im sure i got the 2x12 version for around

• Members

thanks for the help guys!, i have been looking a lil at ebay but most of it is pick up only and i dont drive :cry:

vc laneys do look good, i'll look more into those

this sudden need for amp means no strymon for me just yet :cry::lol:

• Members
thanks for the help guys!, i have been looking a lil at ebay but most of it is pick up only and i dont drive
:cry:
vc laneys do look good, i'll look more into those

this sudden need for amp means no strymon for me just yet
:cry::lol:

Keep an eye out on the Musicradar forum. It's pretty much Brits only there and most people are happy to post out. You tend to get more lower end price bracket amps there than you do here at HC.

• Members

[YOUTUBE]lwCZZEBgqg8[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]2jxH7hkToxI[/YOUTUBE]

the laney seems to have a nicer clean, but it sounds like it has 0 headroom, if the settings are correct that is full volume and it sounds like it needs a push
blackstar wins on gain sounds, but i do have the reeza for that which i cant see replacing soon (maybe i will if the amp is good enough)

any other amps/videos i should check

im going to swansea next weekend, will hopefully get to try some amps when im there!

thanks again guys :thu:

• Members

I have a VC15. It doesn't really gel with me for some reason, I'd sell it but the reverb tank is gone and I think it might need a revalve at some point.

And it's at my parents here in the northwest, I'd have to get it to bristol somehow to do anything to get it to you.

• Members

I have a VC15. It doesn't really gel with me for some reason, I'd sell it but the reverb tank is gone and I think it might need a revalve at some point.

And it's at my parents here in the northwest, I'd have to get it to bristol somehow to do anything to get it to you.

im in the northwest too, i live in rhyl, NWales

the vc15 sounds nice, but from the reviews apparently its farrrr from reliable

thoughts on that?

• Members

If low wattage is a concern, how about the Vox AC4, for about 180? Not as many features as the Blackstar, but built-in attenuator...

Do you have a cab (or another amp that could be used as a cab)? If so, I'd recommend checking out the Vox Night Train head (I paid 329 quid new IIRC). Great amp, sounds good at low volumes but can get louder than the 5watters.

Steve

• Members

im in the northwest too, i live in rhyl, NWales

the vc15 sounds nice, but from the reviews apparently its farrrr from reliable

thoughts on that?

The tank went and the effects loop (at least on the old models- seems there were updates) was a bit crap.

Other than that no issues, and i used to gig with it on 10.

• Members

hmmm, blackstar still wins from what i have heard on youtube ( i know, compressed n {censored}) but if it sounds that good on youtube then surely... :love:

thanks again for all the help, been a massive help in fairness

Archived