Danelectro Cool Cat Spinning Speaker...When?

• Members

How is it different from their "Rocky Road" Leslie simulator?

more options?

It doesn't really matter, like all the other Cool Cat pedals, it can be looked upon as an update/replacement for a previous Dano pedal.

This is one of Phil's pics of the Spinning Speaker; note the dip switches and trimpot accessible via the battery compartment.

IMG_0465.jpg

• Members

I have a Rocky Road. I got the "mod" done, and it sounds fine...with one exception. The ramp up and down is too slow, and the ramping effect is the essence of the Leslie sound. The other problem is the size of the switches, which are too small to be practically used on a pedal board. Theses are thereasons I am interested in the new Spinning Speaker.

As you can see from the picture above, I saw it at Winter NAMM. While it is really hard to hear stuff on a noisy trade show floor, what I was able to hear of it sounded very promising.

I have no idea when they plan on actually shipping it at this point. :idk: I'll try to call Dano and ask in the next day or two if there is enough interest from you guys to keep this thread going so that I am reminded to do so...

can you remember what controls it had Phil?

edit.. hmm.. why no conenctric pots? horn/drum balance on the dip switches?

danelectro-coolcat_spinningspeaker-namm2

Well, there's volume, drive and speed... ;)

I honestly don't recall what the DIP switches and internal trim pot do. I'll try to remember to ask... :)

Archived