selling/trading with people with low post counts

JMTfan

• Members

Does selling/trading with people with low post counts worry you? Or does it not really matter to you?

Asking cause I put something up for trade in the classifieds here and was wondering if my low post count would make people avoid me.

• Members

That's the other thing, as far as trading...I dont care if you have a {censored} ton of posts or not (that just means you have no life) I am not doing a trade if I dont feel like I know you well enough.

Thats how I roll.

• Members

Nope. You can usually tell if they are trustworthy or not by the messages they exchange with you.

While I usually ask for references, but the way someone speaks to you through a (typed words, punctuation, etc..) PM is a good judge of character.

• Members

my advice?

buy a few things first so you can develop a 'good deals' list. if a few well known forumites have done solid business with you, then others are more likely to feel comfortable.

it's tricky since our whole classifieds section is essentially based on honor code. it's a great way to save a few bucks and move some gear without the eBay fees, but you have to prove you're trustworthy first.

• Members

There's a story behind that picture...

Yeah I think I sorta know. I've been a lurker for a long time. Hence the 2009 join date and 27 post count. :lol:

That's the whole Jbrazz thing, right?

Archived