Vox AC15C1 users, still happy?

IRG

• Members

Hey Ian not sure if its in your budget, but I would take a serious look at the new Fender Super-sonic. I played on one about week ago. I compared it to the DRRI that they had in shop. The Super Sonic 22 sounds bigger and richer sounding. Fender knocked it out of park with this amp. I will say its LOUD! Don't let the 22w fool you.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hey Ian not sure if its in your budget, but I would take a serious look at the new Fender Super-sonic. I played on one about week ago. I compared it to the DRRI that they had in shop. The Super Sonic 22 sounds bigger and richer sounding. Fender knocked it out of park with this amp. I will say its LOUD! Don't let the 22w fool you.

Hey Joe, I love that amp, Andy demo'd it at the PGS Fender event. And yes, it was loud for sure. I asked if it can still sound this sweet but at a lower volume, and I don't think that's its main strength really. So yeah, does sound good, but it might almost be more amp than I need still. Also a bit pricier, but reasonable.

• Members
What fuzz works well with the AC15, a tonebender perhaps? Fuzz face? I was looking at some of the MJM and Throback stuff, seems pretty cool. The HC is definitely on my short list for overdrives, but I want to try a different fuzz too.

this is interesting for me too,

i did try a big muff tone wicker with the old AC30CC2 and it sounded amazing, pure filth :thu:

so i presume it will sound the same with the news ones ? or will it be slightly different due to the speakers ?

• Members
this is interesting for me too,

i did try a big muff tone wicker with the old AC30CC2 and it sounded amazing, pure filth
:thu:

so i presume it will sound the same with the news ones ? or will it be slightly different due to the speakers ?

I think muffs naturally sound good on just about anything:lol: No matter what guitar you use, or what you amp you have, you'll still get that muff type sound. Overdrives on the other hand, are much pickier, especially with Vox amps I'm learning.

• Members

So does anyone use an A/B switch to change between the normal & top boost channels on the fly?

This question went ignored. What kind of A/B/Y switch then works for something like this? Or is it a cable that goes into both inputs with a switch that allows you to choose which input you want.

• Members

Would adding an extension cab make this amp more viable in a band situation?

This is what I'm wondering...

1-Swap the greenback for an Alnico blue,

2-put the greenback in a closed 1x12" cab

3-?????

4-profit?

• Members

3-?????

4-profit?

I like this idea, I have a 1x12 cab too, could do just what you're suggesting. I think it can power 2 cabinets if I'm not mistaken.

• Members

I know I've been on Egnater Tweaker kick with you. Its just the amp sounds great at low volumes. Big + for the wife factor. Just make sure you try Vox before you pull trigger on it. Thats another amp that sounds best cranked just like the Fender.

I haven't ruled out the Tweaker, yet. I'm on sort of a Vox kick for whatever reason. I do have a local Vox delaer, although their stock is usually crap, but if they have it, I'll see how it is, because you're right, if it only sounds good at really loud volumes, then it's not the right amp. But it does have a master volume too, so that should help, somewhat.

3-?????

4-profit?

I already put a Weber Blue Dog AlNiCo into my AC15cc, and have the stock Wharfedale just sitting around in a box... I keep meaning to get (or build) a cab and put it into it, but have never gotten around to it.

I'm not sure if the AC15c1 is the same, but on the older cc, you can run up to two 16 ohm speakers with it; the internal, plus one additional one.

• Members
I already put a Weber Blue Dog AlNiCo into my AC15cc, and have the stock Wharfedale just sitting around in a box... I keep meaning to get (or build) a cab and put it into it, but have never gotten around to it.

I'm not sure if the AC15c1 is the same, but on the older cc, you can run up to two 16 ohm speakers with it; the internal, plus one additional one.

Like this :thu: Vox AC30 CC1 + Vox 2x12 cab = 3x12 :rawk:

95962526.jpg

• Members

I haven't ruled out the Tweaker, yet. I'm on sort of a Vox kick for whatever reason. I do have a local Vox delaer, although their stock is usually crap, but if they have it, I'll see how it is, because you're right, if it only sounds good at really loud volumes, then it's not the right amp. But it does have a master volume too, so that should help, somewhat.

Master volume definitely helps. It doesn't "only sound good at really loud volumes", although it does sound BEST at loud volumes. Can't that be said of every tube amp though?

Also...*cough* sig *cough*

• Members

Master volume definitely helps. It doesn't "only sound good at really loud volumes", although it does sound BEST at loud volumes. Can't that be said of
every
tube amp though?

Ah, just noticed your sig. Why ya sellin? I may indeed be interested, if I sell my Blues Deluxe tomorrow you might here from me. Includes shipping?

• Members

Master volume definitely helps. It doesn't "only sound good at really loud volumes", although it does sound BEST at loud volumes. Can't that be said of
every
tube amp though?

Not going argue with you there. Trust me when i say this the Tweaker sounds great at low volumes. Thats really great deal you got on Vox Curtis. I was almost tempted to buy it from yeah. I got 2 amps all ready. A third would be overkill.

• Members
Not going argue with you there. Trust me when i say this the Tweaker sounds great at low volumes. Thats really great deal you got on Vox Curtis. I was almost tempted to buy it from yeah. I got 2 amps all ready. A third would be overkill.

I could see myself ending up with both amps :facepalm:

• Members
every
tube amp though?

I've PM'd you :cool:

Archived