some line 6 M9 questions for people who own it: tuner, octaves, powering, phaser...

hangwire

• Members

maybe a dumb question, but there would be no issues running the godlyke with 4 pedals and m9 power supply off of the same power strip, right?

I remember running a old fuzz face that had a hardwired adapter and a few dod pedals off a dod "brick" power supply and either the fuzz or the dod pedal would work, not both... so just asking...

maybe a dumb question, but there would be no issues running the godlyke with 4 pedals and m9 power supply off of the same power strip, right?

I suspect it will depend on what those other four pedals are; AC or DC, their polarity and current draw being the biggest items of concern.

I remember running a old fuzz face that had a hardwired adapter and a few dod pedals off a dod "brick" power supply and either the fuzz or the dod pedal would work, not both... so just asking...

It was probably not due to them drawing too much current, but instead due to a polarity issue - IIRC, you can't run a Fuzz Face on the same adapter as other pedals due to it being a positive ground.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I got to try one out, but no expression pedal, so I was wondering if the "volume pedal" mode is a preset that would use up 1 of the 6 switches, or is it on when other things are off?

also, with multiple expression pedal uses across different switches... if you had a wah on switsh 1, phaser speed on switch 2 and dirt on switch 3... and the phaser speed and wah sweep were both controled by teh expression pedal, do both occur at that same time? or is that why there are 2 expression pedal inputs and only 2 of the "slots" can have expression pedal control?

overall, I am still intrigued, but not headstrong into the M9...

-the octave down dirt setting was disappointing [can't replace my polyanna which I was hoping]

-the pitch shift/ocatver settings would have been more to my liking if it noted ocatves as well and not just frequency... but I guess I could just look it up to know what equals what [again, polyanna ^]

-the touted Ludwig Phase 2 synth voicebox setting was ok...but when playing higher up near teh 12th fret it would lose its effect on the notes themselves... just kinda weird... was hoping this woudl be my modulated wah effect I have been waiting for, but still comes up short. Not a big deal, but close enough that it bugs you it just missed you know? maybe hitting the m9 with a dirt box before it would help???

-the delays sounded very background and weak for the most part... but also they were tested last and my ears may have been bugging out at the time... [i was hoping it woudl replace my DL4]

thoughts on my experience and what you can say on these above themes?

• Members

I got to try one out, but no expression pedal, so I was wondering if the "volume pedal" mode is a preset that would use up 1 of the 6 switches, or is it on when other things are off?

also, with multiple expression pedal uses across different switches... if you had a wah on switsh 1, phaser speed on switch 2 and dirt on switch 3... and the phaser speed and wah sweep were both controled by teh expression pedal, do both occur at that same time? or is that why there are 2 expression pedal inputs and only 2 of the "slots" can have expression pedal control?

Volume pedal is a model so yes it does use an fx slot.

The expression pedals change all of the parameters that they are assigned to whether the effect is on or not. For example if you have for slot 1a a phaser and for 1b a tremolo both set for expression pedal 1 to control the speed then the pedal will change the speed of both of them regardless of which is active. Likewise if you have the effects in slot 2 to be controlled by pedal 1 then they will change too. I thought this was totally lame and almost makes the expression pedal not worth using. You never know what you're going to be switching to next time you select an effect.

I agree about the delays. They sound good but somehow always smaller or less present than the guitar signal.

• Members

you can't get carried away with the exp. pedal. you can assign the exp pedal to adjust every parameter on every effect, but you've got to be realistic. the fact that there are two possible exp pedals helps.

the most annoying thing about the exp pedal is that if it is plugged in and you adjust any parameter it assumes you want to now control it with the pedal. you have to unplug the pedal before adjusting anything.

expression pedal

expression pedal

Archived