Why do so many HCEG forumites have crappy pedalboards ?

warioblast

• Members
Of all the guitar forums at HC, HCFX is the one I prefer even though I don't fit in with the dominant dogma and style.

I have never owned a delay pedal and I got rid of all time-based effects a very long time ago (early 90s).

I had a Rotovibe, phasers, Octavers, etc... but it didn't do it to me. I still have a Crybaby gathering dust somewhere.

However, I'd love to get my hands on a TC Electronic G-System.

The only wetness I add to my tone is the amp's onboard reverb.

I'm just yankin'. I currently play a Vypyr 30. :o

Until I put another band together, my bedroom furniture does not care about authenticity of toan. :wave:

• Members

I rarely-if-ever listen to music for technical expertise. For me, the song is king, and everything else is just supporting the song.

At the risk of over-generalizing, I think HCFX tends to attract guys who are more into songs than technical proficiency and features.

That said, songwriter types tend to like the same kind of gear that I like - more vintage or classic and less hi tech pointy; more modular effects and less rack or multi-effects; more low wattage amps and less stacks.

I feel more in sync here. :)

• Members
Touche.

I was going to make some sort of tongue in cheek comment about the amps of the HCEF vs HCAF folks, but then I realized that for the most part, the amps over here are probably better - or at least more in line with my tastes.
:o:D

The same can probably be said about guitars. HCAF tends to like things pointier in the headstocks than I do, and I'm not into the PRS thing that HCEG tends to dig (nothing against PRS, but I hate their necks), so again, I think *my* tastes seem to be more in line with the general gear preferences over here.... and of course, we do tend to have the best pedalboards. :phil:

I agree--I feel the same way. I'm more likely to see HiWatt amps and old, weird esoteric amps (Sunn O))), etc). Regarding "crappy" pedalboards, I don't know if i've ever seen a crappy pedalboard on here--people have varying budgets, and there's alot of pedals that do great things and sound great for less money. If one is talking about cheap cabling, i've never personally found higher end cabling to sound better--it just tends to be more reliable and doesn't crap out as much (ie: when i'd buy those 5 packs of colored patch cables, occasionally there would be one that wouldn't connect properly, or would work intermittently). I guess if someone had an all Behringer board I may question that, but I can't recall seeing anything like that here, and hey, if it works for the person, i'm not the one to judge.

• Members
Fixed!
;)

Indie rock, yes, but not always jangly.

I think the appeal of Indie Rock is exactly this - it explores so many disparate styles- jangly, riffy, fuzzy, ambient, techno, trance, jazzy, folky, country, world music, punk, avant garde, proto-metal, psych, etc. In contrast to other genres that are blatantly marketed to a specific demographic, Indie rock is far more adventurous.

• Members

I don't even own a pedal board, LOL...I love reverb, chorus & delay, but can't stand (using) wah, flange, or phaser type stuff. Of course I love all types of dirt, esp. fuzz (you bastards are to blame, LOL)... I guess I have a 'virtual pedalboard, LOL: ehx holy grail, boss DD-6, orig small box rat, black russian big muff...

Archived