Not my genre, but this is awesome...

attic

• Members

{censored}, way to make me feel old, dude
:lol:

i was 16 then, i saw them supporting the Fun Lovin' Criminals (who were ace, by the way)

that singer chick is
tiny
in real life.

And think of it this way... I'm a couple years older than YOU. :p

It's amazing, looking back with our perspective *puffs on pipe*, how little music has changed or innovated over the past couple decades. Which is fine - there's always a plethora of good music out there in numerous genres, but it's pretty much the same stuff you could find 20 years ago.

• Members
And think of it this way... I'm a couple years older than YOU.
:p

It's amazing, looking back with our perspective *puffs on pipe*, how little music has changed or innovated over the past couple decades. Which is fine - there's always a plethora of good music out there in numerous genres, but it's pretty much the same stuff you could find 20 years ago.

totally, my 20s were spent trying to keep up with new music and feel like most of it i could have done without - the artists i really, really got into were dead 60s guys: Gram Parsons and Nick Drake. these days my musical horizon has spread wider than it's ever been; this week i've been really digging Dr John, Donald Byrd, Richie Havens and the Chets (Baker and Atkins ;))

• Members

I don't know about that, I mean you can obviously hear influences that echo stuff from the past in everything, including the music you grew up listening too but there have been plenty of bands/artists that pushed the boundaries in new directions since 1990. I mean everyone just takes the foundation that was laid forever ago and adds a little bit to it each generation. I've said it before and I'll say it again in regards to western music, we only have 12 tones in our musical system and everything is in a way just variations on a theme. We aren't exactly reinventing the wheel here, that being said there have been plenty of artists from genres such as "Post-Rock, Math-Rock/Metal, Freak Folk, Power Electronics, Nonclassical, Black Metal (ambient, etc.), Breakcore and 8 bit" that have created new, interesting sounds in my opinion. YMMV of course :thu:

Archived