Malekko ekko stopped working!

SailorJerry

• Members

power supply? what kind are you using?

tried it with a fueltank / isolated 9v / daisy chain and a battery. same result with all of them

malekko says it needs the opamp replaced. i don't know wtf an opamp is or how hard replacing it is.

anyone know someone in the UK capable of such a task?

tried it with a fueltank / isolated 9v / daisy chain and a battery. same result with all of them

malekko says it needs the opamp replaced. i don't know wtf an opamp is or how hard replacing it is.

anyone know someone in the UK capable of such a task?

Literally ANY repair place ought to be able to handle a simple opamp swap. It's a piece of cake - especially if the opamp is socketed. I'm not sure if it is or isn't (Josh would know), but if it is, it's almost something you could do yourself - assuming nothing else got taken out when the opamp went... iow, if it was just a bad part that died, that's one thing... if you applied the wrong power to the unit, you may have blown other components too; in which case, you'll definitely want to send / take it to a tech.

Really? because I mean that would cut your customer base literally in half, maybe even quartered.

It's really not all that unusual. :idk:

Lots of "daisy chain" power supply users have a secondary (or even tertiary) power supplies for "non-standard" pedals that require something other than what our daisy chain can provide.

Things like fuzz pedals with positive grounds, pedals that require 12-24V, Line 6 pedals that get noisy when used in multiples on a single daisy chain, AC pedals, etc. often mean you'll need more than just a single One Spot to power your board. :)

The 616 is all surface mount components, so opamp replacement will not be easy, even for the experienced tech.

I did not know that. I knew the Omicrons were all surface mount, but I didn't know the 616 was too.

Well that certainly is a bummer in terms of DIY repairs. I would send it back to Josh then. My eyes aren't up to working with SMD's.

Getting older sux. :mad:

• Members

it's an E600, not the 616.

josh says it's a 5min job so now i just need to find the opamp and a repair guy to do it. it should have been powered fine. it hasn't changed it's power source in about 2 years until it blew.

that said, i do want isolated outputs instead of this fueltank :

• Members

I did not know that. I knew the Omicrons were all surface mount, but I didn't know the 616 was too.

Well that certainly is a bummer in terms of DIY repairs. I would send it back to Josh then. My eyes aren't up to working with SMD's.

Getting older sux.
:mad:

SMD? Just a little bit...

dsc00589ih.jpg

• Members

it's an E600, not the 616.

josh says it's a 5min job so now i just need to find the opamp and a repair guy to do it. it should have been powered fine. it hasn't changed it's power source in about 2 years until it blew.

that said, i do want isolated outputs instead of this fueltank :

oh ok, the E600 may be easier then.

• Members

theres a guy in the UK Martin owen (http://www.owenelectronics.co.uk/1110.html) who fixes pedals, he has fixed one of mine, and KPD's pedal, top guy, i broke a trimpot in my ehx microsynth and i have no idea how to fix stuff and i know nothing about that sorta stuff. sent it to him, great job, good costs aswell !!! and the pedal even sounds better than it did when i got it !!!

Archived