NGPD (new guitar parts day)!

andreas

• Members

Just received this lot:

imag0241.jpg

I already had the WD body, but the rest of the stuff arrived today. Hosco neck, Gotoh/Wilkinson VS100 bridge, Gotoh tuners, neck plate/screws, jack plate, strap buttons. An Oak 5-way switch + switch tip, WD dome knobs and pickguard (black single layer HSS), black Tusq XL nut and string trees + assorted black screws was also in the package. Now I just need the pickups, and some time to do the routing needed for the VS100 to fit + a bridge humbucker. And I also need to modify the neck heel. Any year now... :thu:

• Members

What? You don't like '80s style superstrats? :D

The neck is cheap, and it shows. The fretboard was the dryest bit of rosewood (if it even is that) I've ever seen, and there's a distinct edge where the finish stops. I'll need to do a little work to get it up to where I want it. If I don't end up replacing it further down the road...

• Members

I ended up with black single ply, and Gotoh Cosmo Black (a sort of steely semi-black) hardware. It looks like it's the steel itself that is black, rather than it being powdercoated black. The pearl scratchplate/chrome hardware deal was a little too flashy, in the end.

• Members

Trust me, it'll look awesome. Er, no, not really. If you're not into figured maple tops, nothing will do it for you :)

For me, this started with the need to have a "nice" guitar for more posh gigs - somehow, my other beat-up strats tend to clash a little with suits etc :D I guess time will tell if it makes the cut or not.

Archived