kerry king

SunofNothing

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

And that's just the Matallica VS Slayer debate. Don't even get me started on the other 80s metal gems that made fools of Slayer. Coroner, Exodus, Tastament, Kreator, Celtic Frost, Sepultura, the list goes on...

I can honestly say I think Slayer have 3, maybe 4 good riffs in their entire back catalogue.

I should add Vo

• Members

Can't think of anything in their catalog, even before The Black Album levels of sucking, that was well done or tight.

Listen to Dyers Eve, then think about overdubbing that rhythm guitar track 7 or 8 times flawlessly and tell me that's not tight!

I hail Hetfield in the 80s to be the tightest metal rhythm guitarist of all time.

• Members
I dont know why but i still dig that guitar, maybe some kind of beginners / child dream....

hkk_29080_2.jpg

Hell yeah! I wanted a cheap Kerry King sig model, but I got a cheap strat copy.
I sometimes still want to buy a cheap KK guitar, just to satisfy that childhood dream. Or hell, maybe blow my money on an expensive KKV, since I still play the brutalz from time to time.

{censored} the haters, I like Slayer. Not really a big fan of their post-Lombardo output (haven't listened to the stuff that they recorded before Dave returned in years, I should again), but when he returned, they made two excellent records.
It was a shame, imo, not to see him listed in the "Most influential drummer of the past 20 years" poll that musicradar and some magazine conducted.
And Kerry Kings solos, while sometimes not very exciting, to say the least, sometimes take fun turns with some blues and other melodic playing thrown in. I do like a lot of Hannemans riffs more, more slow, groovy, and they've got the weirder chord voicings that I enjoy, but anyway, Slayer4Life.

{censored}, I've got deluxe editions of their latest 2 CDs.

• Members

Best band of the 1980's was Husker Du, hands down.

Slayer was fun, though. Hardcore punk filtered through speed metal. The first few albums were great. Just like all other 'real' metal, it started to suck once it stopped being underground and they started making money.

And yes, Prince is in the top 4-5 artists of the decade, too.

Pssst....BLACK FLAG

• Members

Slayer {censored}ing rules. Reign in Blood, South of Heaven, Seasons in the Abyss. All three are awesome.

this, except for reign in blood. i like the production of these two, and the vocals always ripped. the solos? if i can, i fast forward through tem.

Archived