The pedal builders of HCFX

ambient

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The pedal descriptions sound interesting, the bi-polar one is cool.

Is the Deus Ex Machina muff based or something else?

Thanks! The Deus Ex Machina is based off of an Op-Amp Muff that I once had, plus the mid-boost and clean blend. I did fiddle with the tone stack on the Muff though, since the real Op-Amp Muff cut almost all of my high end. Thanks for looking, and adding me though!

• Members

That's all I've ever wanted to hear.
:lol:

Thanks! The Deus Ex Machina is based off of an Op-Amp Muff that I once had, plus the mid-boost and clean blend. I did fiddle with the tone stack on the Muff though, since the real Op-Amp Muff cut almost all of my high end. Thanks for looking, and adding me though!

Yea no problem. Sounds cool, I've got a kinda love/hate thing with muffs. I sometimes love how they sound but the tone stack bugs the {censored} outta me.

• Members

Yea no problem. Sounds cool, I've got a kinda love/hate thing with muffs. I sometimes love how they sound but the tone stack bugs the {censored} outta me.

I know exactly what you mean. That's what I struggled with the longest on this pedal. The tone stack can sound awesome, or it can sound god awful with just a few minor tweaks. :lol:

• Members

Oh, awesome man. You're building Muffs and overdrives out of those Way Huge-style enclosures you found online that one time? :love:

The mock ups look excellent on your Facebook. Can't wait to see how they develop!!

• Members

Oh, awesome man. You're building Muffs and overdrives out of those Way Huge-style enclosures you found online that one time?
:love:

The mock ups look excellent on your Facebook. Can't wait to see how they develop!!

Unfortunately, no. That was the plan, but the guy had to stop making them. He said aluminum got too expensive. :(

I found comparably sized enclosures though, and I'm still using the same knob scheme. It's basically the same idea, except the enclosure shuts differently. Thanks for the compliments though! Anytime you get renula and Robo to design your artwork, you can guarantee {censored} will turn out looking awesome. Those two do amazing work. :love:

• Members

No problem, any idea when you'll have things up and running?

Thanks for changing it! I've already got a ton of PCBs populated. All I'm waiting on is for my screen printed and powder coated enclosures and then I'm in business. I dunno how much longer they'll be though. Hopefully I'll be up and running within a few weeks. I'm definitely itching to get going haha

• Members

Thanks for changing it! I've already got a ton of PCBs populated. All I'm waiting on is for my screen printed and powder coated enclosures and then I'm in business. I dunno how much longer they'll be though. Hopefully I'll be up and running within a few weeks. I'm definitely itching to get going haha

So you're gonna have quite a good amount of stock to start off with? Sounds great/scary/in-need-of-a-ton-of-hard-work, good on ya for getting stuck in. I'm interested to see how it goes.

• Members

So you're gonna have quite a good amount of stock to start off with? Sounds great/scary/in-need-of-a-ton-of-hard-work, good on ya for getting stuck in. I'm interested to see how it goes.

Haha thanks. It's definitely scary. I've got parts for 75 pedals initially (25 each of 3 designs), and I'm just hoping to get as many done as possible before I decide I need to start making money and release them. :lol: Thanks again though. :thu:

• Members

Haha thanks. It's definitely scary. I've got parts for 75 pedals initially (25 each of 3 designs), and I'm just hoping to get as many done as possible before I decide I need to start making money and release them.
:lol:
Thanks again though.
:thu:

I'd suggest thinking about contacting guys do regular demos like Bobby D & Burg to see if they'd be keen on doing one for ya. It could lead to some much-needed exposure for your pedals/company as a lot of people see those things.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by ambient

View Post

I'd suggest thinking about contacting guys do regular demos like Bobby D & Burg to see if they'd be keen on doing one for ya. It could lead to some much-needed exposure for your pedals/company as a lot of people see those things.

Definitely a good suggestion. One of my pedals is in Bobby D's hands as we speak, but I forgot about Burg. Any idea how to contact him?

• Members

What ever happened to varialbender from Victoria, BC? Looks like he hasn't posted in a few years. At least not on that username. He started Champagne Electronics, and it's been on hiatus ever since launching his site. The concepts have remained just concepts, but he shared with me a mockup of his eight-knob phaser. Out of respect, I won't post it here, but it sure looks effing sweet. Someone please tell me he's under a new username/company name.

Archived