Carbon Copy or Malekko 616?

Mike McLenison

• Members

It all depends on what you want...

Carbon Copy = really dark, warbly, lo-fi repeats, and if you tweak the internal mod trimpots, you can find a nice warm modulation.

616 = on the brighter side of repeats, modulation can go from subtle to extreme.

2 totally different delays, and both sound awesome IMO. I loved the Carbon Copy, and would love to have a 616 some day.

• Members

My Memory Toy.

On a related note, I thought I'd be satisfied with a Memory Boy over the 616 (comparable features, etc).... but mother {censored}er if the 616 doesn't sound absolutely immaculate in comparison. Totally worth the extra money for the extra tonez.

• Members

On a related note, I thought I'd be satisfied with a Memory Boy over the 616 (comparable features, etc).... but mother {censored}er if the 616 doesn't sound absolutely immaculate in comparison. Totally worth the extra money for the extra tonez.

Yep. I don't want to say the 616 is terribly bright, but the initial repeats are very clear for an analog delay. The modulation is ridiculously awesome as well. One feature people don't really talk about is how short you can make the repeats, which allow the 616 to double as a pretty nice chorus/vibrato. I liked the Carbon Copy a lot, but the Malekko beats it in every conceivable way.

Archived