Fuzzy Fuzz? Other suggestions?

Ryan.

• Members

Hi.

My current pedal board sucks. Actually it suits me. Cause I suck. But I digress...

I currently have a tuner, a EH Metal Muff, MXR CC Analog Delay, and a Flanger Pedal (I can't recall the make and model).

I run a Gibson Les Paul Studio through a Marshall Half Stack.

Basically looking for a something between total distortion and clean. For my bands style of music clean isn't used very much, but I'd like something that is close to clean. Would a fuzz pedal be my choice effect?

Any pedals you'd recommend?

Thanks in advance! :wave:

• Members

I honestly don't think you are looking for a fuzz - maybe a low/medium gain overdrive is closer to what you want?

Totally could be.

I'm taking any and all suggestions. Just want something to dirty up the clean without being TEAR YOUR FACE OFF METAL MUFF which I'm in a love/hate relationship with.

• Members
On the cheap side:

Blues Driver

Screamin Blues

Danelectro CTO, or one of their other drives

these things should go well between clean and distorted. The screamin' blues is totally clean with the gain knob down and had nice eq capabilities.

Thanks for the input! :thu:

• Members

Some dirt boxes feature a blend knob that allows you to mix the amount of dry/clean signal with that of wet/effect signal. Basically can go from absolutely clean (assuming that your amp is set clean) to full-on distortion.

Also try out a Red Llama clone. With the gain knob all the way down, it's pretty clean. Gets pretty fuzzy with the control past 12 or upwards, but it doesn't have that Muff-like sustain if that's you're after.

Archived