OT: McCain picks Palin

angstwulf

• Members

Conservatives - irregardless of what has been in the media for years - can care less about gender or sexual orientation. Gay issues are completely distorted and misunderstood - for the obvious reason of making Conservatives look evil.

"Absolutely, Ron George should be thrown out for voting for gay marriage," said Mike Spence, president of the conservative California Republican Assembly.

In my state I'm pretty sure the conservatives hate gays.

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Neither candidate jumps out at me as being amazing either.

are you kidding- both obama AND mccain have a respectable command of the english language! :eek: the bar- it is set so low.

more info from the wiki: she has 5 kids including one with down's syndrome. husband works for British Petroleum. she apparently hunts. actively supports more oil production in alaska.

and my favorite: her highest degree of education is a BA in journalism from the u of idaho.

• Members
I was thinking about sitting out not too long ago, and I would describe myself as a conservative evangelical christian. (and I don't have any gender issues either, not to mention I believe gays should have all their civil rights - and everybody else I don't agree with on principle, should as well, for that matter).

McCain's talk with Rick Warren plus this actually gets me a bit excited about this election.

not too long ago you were against a womans right to choose if i remember correctly. :confused:

• Members

I thought it was pretty humorous that the Republican commentator on NPR this morning couldn't come up with much more than that she sold a government-owned jet to prove that she's done something about big government. :facepalm:

Oh, and abortion most certainly is a gender issue.

4534257Xu_w.jpg

• Members

I'd like to thank McCain for handing us the election," A bridge to nowhere"...the new GOP campaign slogan. A cynical follow the leader decision,this is a desperate ploy to get Hillary swing voters..it will fail for the most part.

Maybe he can orchestrate a "Thomas Eagleton" moment and save his election.

Seriously,he is an older man with some health problems.She is one heartbeat away from the presidency,this is his choice?The GOP is going to take a beating on this one.

I think we have a fair/good chance at winning Pennsylvania and Ohio,which is all we need given the last election.Ridge would have been a better choice.

• Members

Irrelevant. If 100% of doctors defended that we need to kill a certain ethnic group or someone with a deficiency, that still wouldn't mean it's right to do so.

Murder is not something to be decided on a vote.

kinda hypocritical when you want laws to tell people what they can or cant do to their bodies. its not murder. and its not your choice.

• Members

Irrelevant. If 100% of doctors defended that we need to kill a certain ethnic group or someone with a deficiency, that still wouldn't mean it's right to do so.

Congratulations, you didn't read the article.

edit: to clarify:

1) if you can't ban it, which should be awfully obvious since it's been going on for thousands of years, you have to keep the numbers as low as possible

2) banning it doesn't do that

3) legalizing it means that at least the mothers survive

4) nobody actually should ever use it as an alternative form of birth control, which means that the other options should be plentiful and easily available - exactly for the sake of the unborn children.

• Members

Conservatives were luke-warm to cold towards McCain. Not only is he not a Conservative, but he's considered someone to have worked against Conservatism.

Watch - you're going to see reports of McCain's coffers filling up large and quick.

I'll bet we don't.

Conservatives just don't care for McCain -which is actually one of the reasons I kinda like the guy.

He just doesn't worship enough at the alter of Reagan.

The Republican ticket is largely unimpressive.

The conservatives don't care for their candidate.

The centrists, like me, have seen the damage the past eight years of conservative (if you can call it that) leadership has wrought, and we can't wait to get out from under it.

Liberals are electrified by Obama. He may be the perfect candidate.

Sorry, but wishful thinking aside, this is totally Obama's election.

By the way, that Rezko comment was a cheap shot. Rod Blagojevich needs to worry about Rezko, not Obama. If that's the best you've got on Obama you may as well go back to calling him an anti-American muslim like the other conservative pundits have done.

Personally I'm thrilled for both McCain and Obama. Nearly two years ago when all of the candidates were gearing up for the nomination I hoped for Obama and McCain but I never thought either would actually be nominated. This is the most exciting election of my life!

• Members

Obviously neither of us is going to change our minds on this based on a forum discussion, but we're talking about a parasitic existence inside of a woman's body. I'm assuming you're a male, and that makes is real easy to say that it's not a woman's rights issue.

• Members

CR, I'm a bit curious about something in regards to being prolife: women's right to choose aside, what do you expect mother's who are in no position (due to finances, drug addiction, etc, etc) to raise them to do with their new borns?

Adoption?

So, in your point of view, if someone is invalid and can't tend to themselves, should they be killed also?

Archived