Anyone go through a big gear sell off recently?

BTBAM

• Members

i am....used to have 14 electric guitars and more amps and tape echos...

now with this {censored}ing expensive boat i have i cant afford to keep it all.
so ive sold 7 of my guitars....still have my favourites though.
and also sold off a few tape echos and pedals.

feels good though.....

although i bought amarshall rig the other day.....hmmmm

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

i am....used to have 14 electric guitars and more amps and tape echos...

now with this {censored}ing expensive boat i have i cant afford to keep it all.

so ive sold 7 of my guitars....still have my favourites though.

and also sold off a few tape echos and pedals.

feels good though.....

although i bought amarshall rig the other day.....hmmmm

Pawn Stars educational value can be summed up in one statement.

Boats = Holes in the water to throw money at.

• Members

Selling off a few things to buy a new commuter car; kinda sucks, but at the same time, I'm not using most of it, I'm just a gear whore, LOL. Been trying to get better at the hoarding thing, ha ha...

Or the infamous "The 2 happiest days of my life was when I bought my boat, and when I sold it."

It's funny because it's true: the stuff we own actually owns us...

• Members

I traded 7 pedals for a '93 les paul and a '72 ri tele custom and I couldn't possibly be happier. Now I'm down to 3 guitars, 5 pedals (1 being a tuner, 3 being dirt, and 1 being delay) and my Fender Twin and jet city 20w w/ 2x12. Literally the only gear I'm planning on buying is recording stuff, and a new amp/cab come February.

• Members

I don't know you or how much gear you have.

But I assume I'm kinda like you. I have a {censored}load of gear that gets used at most once a week, some of it once a month, and some just sits there staring at me.

I dunno if its an ego boost or what, but I've always thought, "even if my band breaks up, I'll still keep all this {censored} because I can."

I have enough gear to run my own local music venue. Being able to say that puts a slimy smile on my face I guess.

• Members

This year has been pretty crazy for me, gear wise. I sold off a tonne of pedals and replaced them with an M13, then sold off a pair of combos and replaced them with a half stack. Then I sold the M13 and replaced it with a rack switching system and a couple of rack units for delays etc. Now i love the power of midi so much I'm replacing my head with a preamp, power amp and a much larger rack on casters to house it all in. Will likely add a Micro Pog and one more rack delay too.

• Members

I traded 7 pedals for a '93 les paul and a '72 ri tele custom and I couldn't possibly be happier. Now I'm down to 3 guitars, 5 pedals (1 being a tuner, 3 being dirt, and 1 being delay) and my Fender Twin and jet city 20w w/ 2x12. Literally the only gear I'm planning on buying is recording stuff, and a new amp/cab come February.

Wow; those must've been some pretty nice pedals...

• Members

I've got gear that are staples and which I have no interest in getting rid of, despite my curiosity about other {censored}. They include my Honey Bee, Lovetone Big Cheese, Tele, Strat, and my Fargen modded Tremolux. Some other pedals may come and go, but the foundation of my tone is set. I would like to acquire some other major items (Orange Retro 50 and a Jazzmaster, for instance), but I would never sell off {censored} to get them.

Archived