Badgerplex

BTBAM

• Members

So...not mentioned around here much, but some good discussion over on TOP.

BPV1.jpg

Got this in...and really like it.

Its suppose to be an EXACT copy of the EP-3 Preamp.

It also has a switchable buffer, which I seem to like, although that takes it away from the EP-3 exactness.

Either way, I just made a quick audio clip running it off, then on.

http://www.lightningmp3.com/live/68909-badgerplexvintage.mp3

• Members

Nice man... Great pedal!

I got mine right after he started putting them out, so he didn't have the singular yet. I would have gone with that one so it was true to my EP3, but I like the added thickness I can dial in because of it.

Listening to your clip in a bit when I pull out my headphone monitors as opposed to my crappy netbook speakers.

newFauxEchoplexDay005.jpg

• Members

How are you liking the Faux?

It sounds great but I have a couple things that I can say about it.

The warble/wow/flutter thing is touch sensitive and not so random. If you have a nice, pretty clean, set up with some wow/flutter and then kick on your lead pedal in front, the wow/flutter can be a bit dramatic.

Also, I've gotten clipping/distortion from it while driving it to hard with a boosted lead pedal in front.

Basically, it's great if you keep it set up for pretty cleans, or keep the modulation off and use it for lead. There's something about the decay on this pedal that I really like. I've noticed with my EP3 the repeats seem to hold on longer. Maybe that's what it is, but I love how it holds the note?

I have it on a cigar box lid board with a Small Fry that I take to school ever week and it sounds great. I have a fresh battery in it so I'm gonna see how long it lasts me and then consider getting something that will go further on a 9volt battery.

• Members

Tron, I see you too prefer buffer on?

That was the first night I got it and I probably didn't even realize it.

I like what the buffer does if I have it on a board in front of a lot of pedals, but I think it really jacks the highs up and makes it sound a tad crusty. I just compensate with my tone knob, but when I have it on the board with my Valvulator, I put the Badgerplex before it and keep it's (Badgerpex) buffer turned off.

I know it's not "putting back the highs I'm used to not hearing" because I've singled it out and with nice (and short) cables. I'd prefer to have the buffer option there than not at all though.

How about you man, how has the buffer been working out for you?

Archived