What the deal with new Maxon pedals? Any love for them here on HCFX?

-MBro-

• Members

Heres the sale listing. Has anyone here tried this?

looks like a pretty good deal to me. i've never owned a maxon, but they're essentially better-spec versions of the Ibanez stuff with a few old designs still being made right?

probably sounds similar to this one (minus tone control?)

[video=youtube;7P2OKnhwjIg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7P2OKnhwjIg

• Members

Long and Mcquade in canada has a sale on the maxon ood-9 and the overdrive soft distortion pedals. $139 cdn from $230.

The overdrive soft distortion is actually an old design that predates the tube screamer. The organic overdrive is the same circuit with the tubscreamer jrc4558 chip in it.

The pedals aren't so much new as recent rereleases.

• Members

Love me some Maxons :D

maxons.jpg

If I had to do a one brand pedalboard it would definitely be Maxon.

Are they the same as their ibanez equivalents?

They are exactly the same. Maxon made the pedals for Ibanez in the 70's and 80's/early 90's.

• Members

How's the Maxon AD-9 compared to the Ibanez AD-80? Any significant difference?

I've never tried an AD-9, but my AD9pro and AD-80 are completely different.

The AD9pro is way darker and its max delay level is always lower than the dry signal. its really great for ambient effects and background delay sounds. the AD-80 is clearer, it oscillates quicker and has a "percussive" feel. its sound is a lot more pronounced than the AD9pro's.

The AD-80 is my favorite analog delay.

• Members

I've never tried an AD-9, but my AD9pro and AD-80 are completely different.

The AD9pro is way darker and its max delay level is always lower than the dry signal. its really great for ambient effects and background delay sounds. the AD-80 is clearer, it oscillates quicker and has a "percussive" feel. its sound is a lot more pronounced than the AD9pro's.

The AD-80 is my favorite analog delay.

Thanks for the info, my AD-80 GAS has risen.. :facepalm: I had an old Maxon made Ibanez AD9 and it seems like the Maxon AD9pro is preetty similiar, dark and murky ambient delay. I've always found them being too dark sounding to use with a band so maybe the AD-80 could work in that manner. Little pricey though..

• Members

Thanks for the info, my AD-80 GAS has risen..
:facepalm:
I had an old Maxon made Ibanez AD9 and it seems like the Maxon AD9pro is preetty similiar, dark and murky ambient delay. I've always found them being too dark sounding to use with a band so maybe the AD-80 could work in that manner. Little pricey though..

If you can live with only 300ms, the AD-80 is one of the best analog delays out there.

Archived