GASing hard for a Boss RC-2

TeleMan1985

• Members

Lol. I was just messing with the SOS mode on my DD-20 last night, which for a little added extra in a delay pedal is bloody good by the way. But I thought to myself with a little extra functionality and some more recording time, the possibilities would be massive. It's a damn shame I chose to realise this at the time of year that I'm always broke!

• Members

If you like the RC-2 (and assuming you haven't purchased it yet) I would check out the Digitech Solo too. I think it's a better all around looper, lot more flexible, more storage options, usb port to download from a digital library, and it takes up the same amount of space, and costs like $10 more.

It is definitely helping me become a better rhythm player, I really suck at timing, and this shows all warts for sure.

• Members

If you like the RC-2 (and assuming you haven't purchased it yet) I would check out the Digitech Solo too. I think it's a better all around looper, lot more flexible, more storage options, usb port to download from a digital library, and it takes up the same amount of space, and costs like $10 more.

It is definitely helping me become a better rhythm player, I really suck at timing, and this shows all warts for sure.

100% agree with the timing. Also, my chord changes have become a lot cleaner too.

• Members

Cool. Does it have a drum machine?

• Members

Cool. Does it have a drum machine?

Yes. The first 10 settings are preprogrammed, and have bass and drum tracks, a little cheesy perhaps, but quite good for basic practicing. When you make your own loops, you can set a basic drum rhythm, nothing fancy though. And you can turn it off if you don't want it. I believe though, when you use the usb cable and/or the SD card settings, you can download more advanced drum settings. Haven't tried that yet, but intend to soon.

• Members

Yes. The first 10 settings are preprogrammed, and have bass and drum tracks, a little cheesy perhaps, but quite good for basic practicing. When you make your own loops, you can set a basic drum rhythm, nothing fancy though. And you can turn it off if you don't want it. I believe though, when you use the usb cable and/or the SD card settings, you can download more advanced drum settings. Haven't tried that yet, but intend to soon.

Nice. I'll check it out.

• Members

Have you used an RC-2 before?

I'm interested in the audio quality of the Digitech - I've had a couple of RC-2s but sold them as I hated the sound.

They're fine for practising I suppose, but I like to use a looper to capture ideas which I can then transfer to my computer for use in recordings. The really digitized sound always put me off using the RC-2 in that way, whereas delay/loopers like the Headrush and EHX SMMH fare much better (imo) as the audio reproduction is much closer to the input signal - which is odd, as I would expect a dedicated looper pedal to have higher quality audio.

• Members

I haven't used both, sorry. From what I've been told/read, the Solo uses a cd quality playback, take that for what it's worth. But I do believe that the audio quality of the Solo is superior to the Boss. It should be, being a newer design and all, but that is one of the things they tout in marketing this pedal. So it's gotta be true! Lulz. BTBAM has the Jamman Stereo and I know he's had the Boss versions too, he can probably speak much better on comparative audio quality. I'll be surprised if the Digitech is not of higher quality than the Boss.

• Members

I believe the audio quality on the digitech is superior to the boss's. I don't know if it's buffer used or what, but I do notice a more prestine audio output than the bosses. Also, being able to use an SD card and transferring audio files to it instead of having to record them through the pedal is a very nice feature, keeps the quality as intended to be.

• Members
I believe the audio quality on the digitech is superior to the boss's.
I don't know if it's buffer used or what, but I do notice a more prestine audio output than the bosses. Also, being able to use an SD card and transferring audio files to it instead of having to record them through the pedal is a very nice feature, keeps the quality as intended to be.

f*** now my bedroom needs an upgrade

• Members

How is the software from Digitech that allows you to record stuff from their site to an SD card? Pretty good, simple to use? I don't have a lot of experience with this sort of stuff, but it seems like a cool idea. Can you only transfer files to the SD card, or is their memory on the pedal to accept it as well? I know I should reread my manual again :)

• Members

How is the software from Digitech that allows you to record stuff from their site to an SD card? Pretty good, simple to use? I don't have a lot of experience with this sort of stuff, but it seems like a cool idea. Can you only transfer files to the SD card, or is their memory on the pedal to accept it as well? I know I should reread my manual again
:)

Yea, no real need for the SD card, you can plug it in via usb and drag and drop basically. Really easy to use.

• Members

Have you used an RC-2 before?

I'm interested in the audio quality of the Digitech - I've had a couple of RC-2s but sold them as I hated the sound.

They're fine for practising I suppose, but I like to use a looper to capture ideas which I can then transfer to my computer for use in recordings. The really digitized sound always put me off using the RC-2 in that way, whereas delay/loopers like the Headrush and EHX SMMH fare much better (imo) as the audio reproduction is much closer to the input signal - which is odd, as I would expect a dedicated looper pedal to have higher quality audio.

I have both and the jamman is by far a better looper than the RC. Better and more features and the sound quality is much superior and clear. The rc starts to sound distorted and fuzzy to more track layers you record over.

Archived