Eventide Space Reverb Picture

blood5150

• Members
if it's anything like ehx demos though, it's going to be some blues guy showing off his riffs and hardly playing around with the controls at all.

yea I hate when these people have to prove that they got skills nuuudling the blues scale up and down for like 10 minutes and then sayin: "this pedal is great for blues, rock, jazz and metal....just like having a vintage marshall stack.....you can really get that Hendrix feel."

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sounds like it doesn't have to be a fad pedal at all, seems like it's a pretty cool multi effects pedal that focuses on reverbs, with some modulation and delay thrown in. Just because it has a couple of whacky modes doesn't mean you have to use them for space noises.

But you keep forgetting the lemmings like post rock mentality that is HCFX. Of course this thing is built for this "fad".

Whatevers... I don't write the {censored} "ambient" snorefest tunes and this pedal seems awesome and will be the first Factor in my wallet and rig.

• Members

But you keep forgetting the lemmings like post rock mentality that is HCFX. Of course this thing is built for this "fad".

Whatevers... I don't write the {censored} "ambient" snorefest tunes and this pedal seems awesome and will be the first Factor in my wallet and rig.

I reckon it's gonna be awesome, regardless :) Can't wait for it!

• Members

Also, I have an exciting theory about this pedal:

If you notice, they've done away with the front panel pre-marked modes with a single LED to show which mode you're in. If my theory is correct, this means you select the mode and the LED readout screen tells you which mode you've selected. This opens up the *possibility* of adding EXTRA MODES later on in future firmware releases - something I feel they should have done with the other factor pedals. The Timefactor is great and all, and it has the processing power to be the greatest delay ever made, but it left me wanting for a couple of modes and options it just didn't have up it's sleeve.

I could be wrong, but it all makes perfect sense in my head.

• Members

Also, I have an exciting theory about this pedal:

If you notice, they've done away with the front panel pre-marked modes with a single LED to show which mode you're in. If my theory is correct, this means you select the mode and the LED readout screen tells you which mode you've selected. This opens up the *possibility* of adding EXTRA MODES later on in future firmware releases - something I feel they should have done with the other factor pedals. The Timefactor is great and all, and it has the processing power to be the greatest delay ever made, but it left me wanting for a couple of modes and options it just didn't have up it's sleeve.

I could be wrong, but it all makes perfect sense in my head.

Good call. That would be exceptionally cool if they could add modes. The only downside is that it might make it take a bit longer to tweak on the fly if there is no instant way to see which setting you're on, but still very cool.

• Members

Yep, mine's going in my rack on a shelf anyway. It would be simpler for me if it was an actual rack unit, but there again I can't afford ANY of the Eventide rack units and this thing should be well within budget. It has all the midi functionality and connectivity that a rack unit would have anyway, and I already have a spare rack drawer and velcro.

my problem with the bigger rack units is the price - the price is "ok" but not for an user like me who only needs 5 presets and only 50% of the effects and there options - ok i miss my T.C. Rack Stuff, but Eventide is another world for me :idk:

Archived