You know it's going to be a good day when.....(NPD)

Aaron SS

• Members

The mailman hands you these.....

IMG_0450-1.jpg

First up a little package from the UK....

IMG_0455.jpg

Parts to make a couple of Meatheads...Huge thanks to IVIark for these....he even threw in some NOS Transistors and mojo-ish caps for me to try :eek::thu:

I'm going to make one in a little bit using this purple enclosure

IMG_0054.jpg

If DIY isn't your thing then the other boxes contained these....

IMG_0464.jpg

MI Audio Crunchbox / MI Audio Blues Pro / Guyatone SV-2 / EHX Freeze

I scratched 3 pedals off of my "to get" list which is huge considering how small it is. The Blues Pro was the only one I hadn't intended on getting but wanted to try anyway. The only things really left on my GAS list is a Sonic Research Turbo Tuner, Malekko 616, and the Mad Professor FGC. I'm a huge fan of 1290 sized pedals if you couldn't tell.

Anyway, after using them all for a little while I immediately know that the EHX Freeze is here to stay....That pedal just rules. Everyone should have one. I see me having lots of fun with this one. On the other hand I also know that I most likely won't be keeping the Crunchbox. It's an awesome pedal but just not quite the voicing I'm looking for. The SV-2 is another awesome pedal that will be staying as well. Tiny footprint and does it's job perfectly. I use the swell effect quite a bit for the style I play. SV-2 > +1 Octave > Particle Reverb FTW :love:

Time for a big overdrive shootout consisting of a TOD,Honey Bee Clone, and Blues Pro.

Enjoy the eye candy and check out the completed Meathead later today :thu:

Oh ya here's my current board as well :

IMG_0443-1.jpg

• Members

Crunch Box FTW

I wish I could echo that comment but it just doesn't seem to be getting along with my current setup.

I can get it to sound perfect with some offboard EQ'ing but I'm not looking to have a setup like that right now. The purpose of me getting individual stompboxes is to either achieve effects or sounds I can't get from my M9 or replicate a sound in my M9 so as to free up that effect block for something else.

• Members

Awesome! Keep me updated on your DIY shop, as I'd be interested in something in the next few weeks.

My etsy is setup but being that I have nothing completed as most of my work is custom I'm trying to figure out exactly what to list there. I may start with a few Double Preset Switches for the Line 6 M9.

In the meantime PM me if you're looking for something specific. :thu:

• Members

I wish I could echo that comment but it just doesn't seem to be getting along with my current setup.

I felt the same way when I first got one and was going to just sell it pretty much straight away, but try adjusting the internal presence control. When I turned the presence right down it sounded so much better for me.

• Members

I felt the same way when I first got one and was going to just sell it pretty much straight away, but try adjusting the internal presence control. When I turned the presence right down it sounded so much better for me.

I used to own a Crunch Box prior to this one so that's almost immediately what I did when I realized it wasn't working at it's current settings. Lowering the presence definitely made it much better but I'm just not sure if it's what I'm looking for. I'll most definitely give it more time though, I'd hate to sell it off without putting it through its paces. Crxsh is letting me try out his Mad Professor Mighty Red Distortion so that could possibly be a contender.

• Members

My etsy is setup but being that I have nothing completed as most of my work is custom I'm trying to figure out exactly what to list there. I may start with a few Double Preset Switches for the Line 6 M9.

In the meantime PM me if you're looking for something specific.
:thu:

Will do. I'll keep you posted. :thu:

Archived