October New Gear Thread

Don Solaris

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Great way to start out the month - Oct. 1st: scored a mint condition Roland V-Synth (ver. 2) off Craigs List for $850. I've been wanting one since they came out about five years ago, but they were out of my price range. Looking forward to creating some tripped out sounds with this thing.

Guest Anonymous

Corrected.

...if the LinnDrumm IV ever comes out.

Remember there's one being designed they can't disclose anything about.

:cop:

• Members

Microwave 1 and E-mu Procussion. Landed yesterday.

procussion is a pretty powerful little box- be sure to take advantage of the aux outs so you can process stuff separately.

recently picked up a second one of these, the best of the Proteus series (288 z-plane filters):

ultraproteus.jpg

• Members

procussion is a pretty powerful little box- be sure to take advantage of the aux outs so you can process stuff separately.

Will do that.

But the main problem I have now is lack of available channels. My VLZ 1402 is getting smaller and smaller every year:lol:

• Members

I don't know what that means ... :poke:

My experience is that women in general are not-so-good about taking care of tools, equipment and big machines ... I'm thinking mainly cars here ... but a Jup-8 is almost on the same level, IMO ... if no more-so because of its rare, coveted status ...

• Members

Thanks to input from the forum got one of these

Great feeling pads. Controlling my Adrenalinn 3 and reason quite nicely.

Korg should pay me a commission. :thu:

I have a lot of fun setting the pads to a C minor pentatonic scale for a bell/ring patch, then I use it like an electronic hang drum. I use three padsets to get a large octave range.

• Members

I don't know how to post pics but it's been a good month.

Kurzweil pc1-se

Event tr-8 monitors

GML 8200 eq

GML 8304 mic pre's

and hopefully a Muse recptor this next week.

I decided to play music again.

• Members

Korg should pay me a commission.
:thu:

I have a lot of fun setting the pads to a C minor pentatonic scale for a bell/ring patch, then I use it like an electronic hang drum. I use three padsets to get a large octave range.

It is fun to assign scales and experiment with some different textures that you might not think of with a keyboard. The x-y pad is also a blast!

Harmony central is doing its part to save the economy.

Archived