October New Gear Thread

Don Solaris

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

When the price of electricity becomes prohibitive, synths will be cheap cheap cheap.

I'm not so sure, what will we make music on? Acoustic instruments only, or power hungry TeraCore computers with 1,000W power supplies + their displays?

• Members

damn.. really? i bought mine for 300$ way back when.. late 90's? used and loved the hell out of it.. got bored with the range of timbre after a while. could be worth a revisit..

It's on Novation's download page but it still requires a serial number input. I downloaded the demo and like the sound and layout. I don't like the patch names though or the order that their arranged. Still trying to find a contrast the the P'08. Trying to either wait for the Blofeld keyboard, get a Juno 106, or better than both right now, use a software alternative.

I could really use those Roland Strings and pads right now for this track I'm working on. Putting in overtime on that Logic string synth. Can't seem to get it quite thick enough.

• Members

What does the ER-1 give you that your EMX and ESX don't do better?

Hardware analog-modeling drum synthesis for $75 (not to mention the sequencer). I'll have more outs (Electribes suffer from too few). And I like having another control surface ... Plus, it has a different sound than the others ... I have a feeling it may be the one I end up using the most ... I love its "beatbox on crack" vibe ... The ER-1's only shortcoming is that it only has one sample each for the high hats, crash and handclap. But that's not a problem here.

ishackimagenj7.jpg

Congrats on the MPC !!! I've been eyeing one of those as well ... But are you aware of the pad issues on the 1000?

• Members

OMG... Don... I zoomed in and digitally enhanced your radio telescope image... LOOK!
:freak:

Very well. Id like to catch MKS-80 next year. :cop:

If you decide to sell yours let me know. OB-8 is a synth for you, my friend! Programmable as deep as you can go, sweet 12dB filter, gentle sound, ultra good pads.

• Members
Hardware analog-modeling drum synthesis for $75. I'll have more outs (Electribes suffer from too few). And I like having another control surface ... Plus, it has a different sound than the others ... I have a feeling it may be the one I end up using the most ... I love its "beatbox on crack" vibe ... The ER-1's only shortcoming is that it only has one sample each for the high hats, crash and handclap. But that's not a problem here.

Congrats on the MPC !!! I've been eyeing one of those as well ... But are you aware of the pad issues on the 1000?

Interesting. I haven't really looked much at the older tribes. $75 sounds like a bargain.:thu:

I've been looking at the MPC's for a while and I was aware of the 1000 pad issue. The one I got has pads that all work, and I don't think it was ever used, since it shows no wear at all and it's completely initialized to the factory sets. Some of the newer black MPC 1000's have new pads without that defect. It's a bit hard to tell without opening them up which have them, because factory started replacing them before they changed the model number on the case. The blue ones all have the older pads unless they were replaced by the owner.

I really didn't want to go with any of the other MPCs. The 500 gives up too much, and I don't want anything larger than 1000. Featurewise, I think the 1000 with JJOS will give me the most for the size and price. Half the price of the new ones was my magic number to pull the trigger.:love::cool:

Guest Anonymous

D, Don't end up like me a and have a EA-1, EA-1 mkII, ER-1, ER-1 mkII, EM-1, EMX-1and ESX-1. I finally came to my senses and sold everything but, the EMX-1 and ESX-1. The ER-1 has some nice drums but, with everything else I have it became redundant.

Enjoy

• Members

Hey MuzikB!

Offtopic, but, regarding my comments regarding Alicia Keys. I am eating my own words back!

I just saw her on the poster (for concert or something), and she looks too damn good. I guess she just had a bad makeup before, because now, she's DEADLY! So, you were right!

As much as i didn't liked her look before, that much i like it now. I'd gladly tune her Jupiter 8 anytime, though i still haven't tuned mine. :lol:

• Members
D, Don't end up like me a and have a EA-1, EA-1 mkII, ER-1, ER-1 mkII, EM-1, EMX-1and ESX-1. I finally came to my senses and sold everything but, the EMX-1 and ESX-1. The ER-1 has some nice drums but, with everything else I have it became redundant.

Enjoy

You have some serious issues. Seek professional help! :lol:

• Members
Hey MuzikB!

Offtopic, but, regarding my comments regarding Alicia Keys. I am eating my own words back!

I just saw her on the poster (for concert or something), and she looks too damn good. I guess she just had a bad makeup before, because now, she's DEADLY! So, you were right!

As much as i didn't liked her look before, that much i like it now. I'd gladly tune her Jupiter 8 anytime, though i still haven't tuned mine.
:lol:

She is stunningly beautiful, but I'll never get past that Yamaha Jupiter 8. :facepalm:

Archived