Memory Toy not engaging. Broken?

deluxe74

• Members

A year, and internationals such as ourselves have to pay shipping in both directions (whatever it costs you to get it there and $25 to get it back)

For warranty service of Electro-Harmonix effects in UK contact: John Williams / Electro-Harmonix

Email: johnbrit@ntlworld.com

(he's in Swansea)

They also have On-Line registration for warranties at ehx.com now too, so things are a bit easier these days.

• Members

When I got mine, it didn't engage either. Took it apart to see what I could see and there's a little sub board that attaches to the main board and that board wasn't fully seated.

I googled around and saw a few other references to this happening.

I'd give it a try... Just be careful as the pins are very small if you aren't used to dealing with such things. Just be careful, take your time, don't force anything and maybe you can fix it.

:idk:

• Members

When I got mine, it didn't engage either. Took it apart to see what I could see and there's a little sub board that attaches to the main board and that board wasn't fully seated.

I googled around and saw a few other references to this happening.

I'd give it a try... Just be careful as the pins are very small if you aren't used to dealing with such things. Just be careful, take your time, don't force anything and maybe you can fix it.

:idk:

This. There are 2 separate boards inside, and it's possible that one is loose from the other. Another issue could be with the power, because mine will only accept a regulated supply (circuit stuff blah blah... it's so you don't fry the components). Check those things before you send it off, as it's much less hassle and you could be back to playing in 5 minutes if either of these are the issue.

Archived