what's the general consensus on behringer stuff?

hosebeast

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I had an FX-600 for a week. It was absolutely the worst pedal I've owned in over 30 years of owning pedals. Not that it didn't work, it was 100% functional. But I didn't find any of the effects to be usable. It was a huge tone sucker in bypass, and a battery eater. My one and only experience with Behringer stuff has scarred me for life!

• Members

Just so we're clear, the guys who actually designed the Boss pedals and EHX pedals that Behringer is copying aren't getting royalties and probably don't even work for the companies any longer. So I'm not clear why anyone has any issue with one corporation using another corporation's not-legally-protected technology.

• Members

Just so we're clear, the guys who actually designed the Boss pedals and EHX pedals that Behringer is copying aren't getting royalties and probably don't even work for the companies any longer. So I'm not clear why anyone has any issue with one corporation using another corporation's not-legally-protected technology.

It used to bug me, but not anymore. They aren't exact clones if I understand correctly. They're just painted to look like it.

• Members

Circuits aren't patented and making money by not paying someone for their idea is the essence of capitalism, so this really shouldn't be much of a discussion. The main issue here is that Berhinger pedals might easily be the worst quality pedals, even sub 'food series' danelectros, and it seems that point has been thoroughly covered. I think Berhinger and Danelectro clones have their place, and that's mostly in the beginner market. There might be some sleeper pedals that people use, but I think the market for this is mostly kids that don't have money and are dipping their feet into the pedal market for the first time so they aren't going to risk it on botique or even higher quality OEM. They don't know what most of the effects even do, much less know that they're a clone of something they could be buying more 'honestly' from an original builder. Most people that know if a certain berhinger pedal is a tubescreamer or small stone clone know for a fact who made that pedal first, and probably have a good lead on what independent builder does it best so they know better than to buy plastic {censored} either out of ignorance or trying to have their cake and eat it too.

so a pedal's "build quality" correlates to a person's skill/technical level. & so by that logic. the more boutique pedals i have, the more advanced guitar player i am. or perhaps i am missing something.

• Members

I have a Behringer UT100 Ultimate Tremolo pedal that I don't like at all cause the tremolo is too choppy sounding.

I have another distortion pedal from them that sounds pretty horrible... it's the DM100 Distortion Modeler... it's a dark hot pink color and it looks like a Polly Pocket toy lol.

But I have some other pedals from them that are great. My C0600 Chorus Orchestra pedal is awesome. VD400 Vintage Delay is awesome. EM600 Echo Machine is awesome. The T0800 Vintage Tube Overdrive (Tubescreamer clone) is awesome.

Also I have the BTR2000 rack tuner I've been using for 5 years gigging at least 2 nights a week with and it's been rock solid and works perfectly.

Also I have the FCB1010 MIDI controller I've also been using for 5 years gigging heavily with and it's been rock solid. It's even been rained on twice. I had to take it home and dis-assemble it to dry it out and it still works perfectly.

Also I have the PMP1280 Powered mixer I use at the rehearsal room. I've had it for 2 years and it still works perfectly.

Also I have 3 of their SM8500 microphones. Not the best mics but they work excellently for the rehearsal room.

Also I have two of their PB1000 pedal boards. I've been using them heavily for almost a year now and the latches (their potential weak point) are still 100% working.

So yeah...... I have a couple pedals that are crap.. but I've had mostly great experience with Behringer gear.

edit: Oh yeah..... I almost forgot..... I did have a V-Ampire combo amp that I could not get a decent tone out of to save my life!!

And I also used to have a V-AMP PRO which was fun to record with.... but I really couldn't get very many good sounds with it.

• Members

Hi! 1st post here.

Never bought the same pedal twice on any brand except with beheringer, thats how good and bad they are, good enough to buy them again and bad enough for having too. This being said... the two guitar players from the FUZZtones play with beheringer Fuzz pedals, the UZ400. Chocking. Are beheringer pedals clones? Yep, has many boutique pedals that sell for 500USD are, do a hammond box, two neutrick jacks and a decent footswitch worth 500USD? No, so i stick with beheringer any time if it sounds good, for that kinda money they all sound great, and in 20 years they all will be vintage, like all the fuzz faces clones are great today... if they were made back in the day. Just bought a jordan bosstone this week, is a clone too, i hope it sounds good... flimsy plastic box... humm maybe it is crap. :)

Archived