So I got a free ticket to see Interpol tomorrow...

cobalt-60

• Members

I never listened to their music at all, but hey, free tickets are cool, right?

Or not. I'm listening to them now. Two of the singles are a little catchy, but the rest is so boring. I don't get it, there's nothing interesting about the sound, it hardly variates from song to song, there's no theme or feel, and it's not quite funky enough to dance too. It isn't fun, but hardly anything is these days. I don't get it.

Am I being a snob, or is this what drunk white chicks listen to when they wanna feel indie? Both, right? Do any of you guys like them? I feel like a dick, this girls probably going to be really into it, and no, I won't be getting laid either.

Will there at least be drugs passed around? :lol:

• Members

If they wrote the same album over and over that wouldn't be as bad, because it really was awesome. The problem is that they didn't replicate it, each version got substantially more inferior. They really only just had that one album in them, and then the last 9 (ugh) years have been them going through the motions.

Still, the live show is just going to be you standing there watching rich NYU grads wearing suits, standing still, and playing music/singing with absolutely no emotional affect while (depending on where this is happening) uptight, upper class graphic designers and art students just sort of stand around and watch half interested.

Still, it might be good, because then that sort of boosts the level of every subsequent show for you. I'd have to imagine after seeing Interpol, going to see the National would be like watching The Who at Woodstock.

Archived