DD-20 OWNERS - WANNA HELP OUT HOSEBEAST?

hosebeast

• Members

i spent literally 2 hours trying to get this sound out of my dd-20 earlier, all for naught because i had to quit and go to class. anybody care to mess around with theirs for a little bit, and help me figure out what setting i can use to mimmic the sound he makes here with his SMMH?

[video=youtube;HrXuvDRSwN8]

100 rupels to the person that helps me nail this!

P.S. - i don't own a transparent overdrive, but i figure i can get that sound out of one of the various fuzzes or distortions i DO own. this is really important to me, because i, along with a ton of you i'm sure, have been chasing this tone since i first legitimately got into music. thanks a gillion in advance dudes!

• Members

have you tried the tape head setting on your dd20? i cant remember off hand how (check your manual) but in that mode you can go into a submenu where you can set the offset times of the simulated tape heads... basically letting you have that 'gap' or stutter before all the repeats come....i hope thats helpfull, i do a similar type effect using my space echo

• Members

have you tried the tape head setting on your dd20? i cant remember off hand how (check your manual) but in that mode you can go into a submenu where you can set the offset times of the simulated tape heads... basically letting you have that 'gap' or stutter before all the repeats come....i hope thats helpfull, i do a similar type effect using my space echo

i don't have the manual : (

seriously, this doesn't seem like it would be that hard but i'm having a {censored} of a time with it.

• Members

so there's no way at all to get that? i tried just using the standard mode, setting it to one second, cause it seems like that's the setting he's using from what i can tell, but couldn't even come close. the dd-20 is so expansive and versitle, i HAVE to be able to do something at least similar with it. {censored}. i was dead broke last summer and had to pawn my SMMH (along with a whammy and my jagstang-got $200, paid $40 interest for four months then couldn't afford to pick it up-went in 4 days after i was due to pay another month's interest and the pedals were gone and i had to buy back the jag stang for $400-bottom line, don't pawn yr gear unless you can pick it up!) and now i'm kicking myself for it. this is also the first time i've heard the TOD. thing sounds nice. anyway, i can't believe more people aren't praising this guy. i know all sorts of people who have tried to grip shields' tone and failed miserably. i just can't believe it's this easy.

• Members

I've owned both pedals in the past and there is no way to get that sound with the dd-20, unfortunately.

its all because the delays don't trail off, which the dd-20 cannot do.

I think the smmh has some SUPER cool and unique sounds, that being one of them. I sold mine off awhile back. I want another. that video sounds killer.

• Members

Can't see the video at work, but multi-tap delays aren't an option on the DD-20. The tape mode with two heads (hold down the left pedal, screen will show "hed1" or "hed2"- use the delay time knob to change it) will get you two repeats of equal volume to the dry signal, but not eight.

Warp (hold) mode might get you in the ballpark... :idk:

Archived