Black Arts Toneworks Pharaoh demo : the best Muff for the price EVER

nico/atd

• Members

I like that color. Post the differences in sound of the germ option and the stock pedal. And I know you're gonna stack both of them into each other for {censored}s and giggles right?

Thanks. I will definitely stack 'em plus check out the germ option and report back. What I'm even more excited to do is run them at different settings in a two amp setup, most likely resulting in the fullest, thickest fuzz tones in the known universe!

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So I had the chance last night to put the two Pharaoh setup to the test, OMFG, sounds incredible! The first thing I did was stack 'em, pretty much expecting a bit of a noisy mess, and boy was I wrong. It sounded incredible, like a raunchier, nastier, thicker version of themselves. The results changed dramatically based on adjusting settings and I stumbled across some amazing, blistering tones! Even the Pharaoh loves the Pharaoh.

The Germ option is a must also, IMO. Creates some smoother/creamier results with a little more warmth overall. Sort of a mesh creating the heaviest fuzz/distortion combo ever, really nice addition and a logical step from the Diodes OUT to Diodes IN to Germ settings, really runs the gamut of available tones.

The ulitmate, however, was using both pedals at different settings in a 2 amp setup with my Carr Slant 6V and Orange TV heads, just beyond HUGE, single greatest fuzz experience of my guitar playing life. I don't run 2 amps all that often but I might start lugging both when I play from now on. If you own a Pharaoh, you know how good it sounds on it's own. You also know it packs a plethora of amazing fuzz tones when you get to tweaking. Just imagine two of them set up to compliment one another...

Finally, I found out this morning that my neighbors filed a noise complaint and they don't complain about {censored}! That's a true testament to the greatness of the Pharaoh.

• Members

So I had the chance last night to put the two Pharaoh setup to the test, OMFG, sounds incredible! The first thing I did was stack 'em, pretty much expecting a bit of a noisy mess, and boy was I wrong. It sounded incredible, like a raunchier, nastier, thicker version of themselves. The results changed dramatically based on adjusting settings and I stumbled across some amazing, blistering tones! Even the Pharaoh loves the Pharaoh.

The Germ option is a must also, IMO. Creates some smoother/creamier results with a little more warmth overall. Sort of a mesh creating the heaviest fuzz/distortion combo ever, really nice addition and a logical step from the Diodes OUT to Diodes IN to Germ settings, really runs the gamut of available tones.

The ulitmate, however, was using both pedals at different settings in a 2 amp setup with my Carr Slant 6V and Orange TV heads, just beyond HUGE, single greatest fuzz experience of my guitar playing life. I don't run 2 amps all that often but I might start lugging both when I play from now on. If you own a Pharaoh, you know how good it sounds on it's own. You also know it packs a plethora of amazing fuzz tones when you get to tweaking. Just imagine two of them set up to compliment one another...

Finally, I found out this morning that my neighbors filed a noise complaint and they don't complain about {censored}! That's a true testament to the greatness of the Pharaoh.

Nice!

• Members

it's the unicorn jizm

Archived