WOT. Families are a F**king pain in the arse

Vince

Unfortunately my sister reads it as "we don't want her there" rather than it being the best date for everyone else. Oh well.

All you can do is to tell her that this isn't your intention; you're merely going with the ONLY date that works for everyone else, and if she can't make it on that date, you'll miss her, but you can't change the date to something that accommodates her and that prevents the godparents from being there - after all, they're participants in the actual ceremony, and you can't do it without them.

Or, you can just say - yeah, you're right - with your sucky, selfish attitude, we DON'T want you there. Piss off! ;)

• Members

Or, you can just say - yeah, you're right - with your sucky, selfish attitude, we DON'T want you there. Piss off!
;)

So tempted to say this, but it really wouldn't help and would upset my parents. Sometimes I wish I didn't care quite so much and I was an arrogant bastard

I know you can't say that... and you know I wasn't seriously suggesting it. :)

But let's be real here. This is kind of like a wedding day where someone in the family wants things done a certain way... and I call bullpuckey on that. It's the couple's day (and the bride's most of all), and IMHO, it should be THEIR day, and their say. The same thing applies here. IT'S YOUR DAUGHTER, not your sister's. If she can make it - great. But do your parents seriously expect YOU to rearrange everyone else's schedule to accommodate the needs of your sister? It's not like you realistically can control everyone's schedule. She OTOH, can control her own schedule. If it's really that important to her, then she can make the call and miss the conference. If her conference is obligatory and she can't miss it, then that's fine too - you'll miss her, but you can't change the date. But IMO, it's up to her to make the decision - after all, aren't YOU (and her niece) important to HER? Or is the "conference" more important than her niece's christening?

IOW, turn it around on her... :idea::)

• Members

Christian Bale her.... :D I jest, I jest.

Sounds like a massive pain in the arse mate... do whatevers good for YOU and YOUR family, everyone else can drop plans... why should you?

We cant all be the Huxtables...

Archived