Fun with a BASS BIG MUFF + Downtuned Electric Guitar (YOUTUBE)

Johansolo

• Members

the other guitar player in my band has been rocking one of those recently and it's sweet. he was talking about trying some different dirt sounds and we were picking up some gear from his other bands practice space and i saw one of those on the floor. i said he should try it 'cause i had heard that they were good and based on the sovtek circuit. it belongs to the bass player in his other band, so he called and asked if he could use it. he brought it to our practice and has been using for the past few weeks. he loves it and i'm pretty impressed with it. it cuts through better than i would have expected and the solos and everything sound great. we tune down to drop b mostly.

• Members

if the "dry" mode had a way to control the mix, this could have been my main dirt for the past year... I only need about 5-10% dry in the fuzz to allow for any high/low loss to be mixed back in to be happy

umm....in dry mode, the volume control blends in the clean signal with the fuzz. i love this mode.

i also like that theres is 2 outputs, one wet and one dry...so i can feed the dry into a second amp (which is set to distort)

fun times.

• Members

umm....in dry mode, the volume control blends in the clean signal with the fuzz. i love this mode.

i also like that theres is 2 outputs, one wet and one dry...so i can feed the dry into a second amp (which is set to distort)

fun times.

it looked like the volume more blended the fuzz signal in with the clean. is it half and half at full clockwise? that's what it seemed like but i couldn't really tell. i think he was saying that it would be cooler if you could blend just a little dry into an almost fully distorted signal.

• Members

it looked like the volume more blended the fuzz signal in with the clean. is it half and half at full clockwise? that's what it seemed like but i couldn't really tell. i think he was saying that it would be cooler if you could blend just a little dry into an almost fully distorted signal.

ah...gotcha. at noon the clean is still slighly louder, but above that is where its at!

i normall set it to full and just back it down a little to add some hear the clean dry signal/add some clarity.

• Members

if you could blend just a little dry into an almost fully distorted signal.

that IS what I am asking... but the following reply makes it seem like it does... can I get clarigication please! I asked this about a month ago and got tumbleweeds'd

• Members

that IS what I am asking... but the following reply makes it seem like it does... can I get clarigication please! I asked this about a month ago and got tumbleweeds'd

sorry for the confusion.

at fully counterclockwise...its 100% dry and at fully clockwise its 100% distortion

you can mix in however much clean you want but i guess because the volume knob is now acting as a blend knob in dry mode, there is no control of the clean volume.

i personally dont think its a big deal, but some may want this ability of fine tuning.

• Members

sorry for the confusion.

at fully counterclockwise...its 100% dry and at fully clockwise its 100% distortion

you can mix in however much clean you want but i guess because the volume knob is now acting as a blend knob in dry mode, there is no control of the clean volume.

i personally dont think its a big deal, but some may want this ability of fine tuning.

am I being dense... if 100% ccw is all dry and 100% cw is all dirt in the "dry" mode , how are youi not able to fine tune things? what am I missing in this :lol::confused:

• Members

am I being dense... if 100% ccw is all dry and 100% cw is all dirt in the "dry" mode , how are youi not able to fine tune things? what am I missing in this
:lol::confused:

sorry...i just realised what i wrote.

as i said i have no issues getting the amount of clean blend with the muff tone that i want.

your original question of confused me

Yesterday 01:55 AMhangwire

if the "dry" mode had a way to control the mix, this could have been my main dirt for the past year... I only need about 5-10% dry in the fuzz to allow for any high/low loss to be mixed back in to be happy

as thats what the volume control does in the dry mode.

• Members

as i said i have no issues getting the amount of clean blend with the muff tone that i want.

I'll be damned... so in dry mode the volume knob is "mix", what sets the overall volume then?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

FYI- I still don't think you have as much control over this mix... because in dry mode setting the "volume" knob at 90%, you have to have the sustain knob at almost minimum otherwise it will be wayyyyy tooooo loudddddddd

• Members

sorry i forgot about this thread.

yeah no control of volume when in dry mode. i didnt have any issues with it thou RE the sustain settings.

i know what youre saying thou RE control...if there was a way to control volume and mix in dry mode then that would be ideal

Archived