Wahhhhhh

deluxe74

• Members

Man I just need a wah that sounds good and doesn't tone suck like a mofo (crybaby). Bad luck with the Clyde, doesn't bite enough. I mostly do country and classic rock with some funk thrown in there sometimes. Tell me about the wah you have and why you love it. Talk up yo gearz.

• Members

I'm using the CAE Wah, true bypass so no toan sucking and it has an inductor switch so you can switch from a Crybaby wah sound with loads of mids and low end to a more Voxy wah sound with lots of high end, it also has a separate boost switch so you can add alot more presence or volume to the wah, inside there are gain and Q control trim pots.

I spent a while looking for a wah going through new and vintage ones and settled on this in the end as it sounds quality and has a load of controls making it very versatile.

[video=youtube;QCGOew2Cnsg]

http://www.jimdunlop.com/product/mc404-cae-wah

Check it out y'all!

• Members

I've been using a morley power wah for years - cheap and I like how aggressive it sounds. I would like a slightly thicker wah sound sometimes though - maybe if an Ibanez WH10 crops up on ebay cheap, I've also been tempted to pick up a cry baby and trick it out with trim pots, true bypass and an LED which could be cool.

Buying an amp first though.

• Members

I tried plenty of different crybaby models, a couple vox models, the fulltone, and the clear winner that stayed on my board was the Budda Bud Wah. No tone suck, and a really pleasing musical sweep that cuts on the treble end without getting shrill.

Archived