Anyone digging Six Gallery?

Loobs

• Members

I'm really into Breakthroughs In Modern Art. They do the tappy/emo thing pretty good. Awesome guitarists. They're on the same label over here as Trail of Dead and Oceansize. From Columbus, Ohio.

[video=youtube;opU_k3M-cgw]

• Members

I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving hysterical naked, dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn looking for an angry fix, angelheaded hipsters burning for the ancient heavenly connection to the starry dynamo in the machinery of night.

• Members

I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving hysterical naked, dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn looking for an angry fix, angelheaded hipsters burning for the ancient heavenly connection to the starry dynamo in the machinery of night.

I love Ginsberg, seriously.

• Members

Because it sounds good?

...the obvious answer perhaps, and I agree in some cases, but in others I get the distinct impression that they're overusing it deliberately, like heavy metal players that just have to include the same old sweep arpeggios in every song.

I just wouldn't necessarily associate that with players that normally (if stereotypically) shy away from (for lack of ability or otherwise) playing overly busy stuff, I guess. :idk:

• Members

...the obvious answer perhaps, and I agree in some cases, but in others I get the distinct impression that they're overusing it deliberately, like heavy metal players that just have to include the same old sweep arpeggios in every song.

I just wouldn't necessarily associate that with players that normally (if stereotypically) shy away from (for lack of ability or otherwise) playing overly busy stuff, I guess.
:idk:

Yeah, some of the bands err on the side of technique for techniques sake, but it does sound really pretty and you can do stuff you wouldn't be able to otherwise do. I think this band have come under fire for overdoing it, but it's not obtrusive and flashy quite in the same way as a metal shredder. It does support the song.

Not sure they're 'overusing it deliberately'.

Archived