MXR - Carbon Copy. Are these a good analog delay?

• Members

i have a CC and love it very much, i use it more than any other pedal on my board. could anyone compare the CC and the malekko 616?

I found that the Malekko is brighter the repeats decay alot more and the modulation is more intense and externally adjustable. I just traded my 616 and put my CC back on my board. It is a keeper. I tried the Mem Boy and the SMMH and ditched them both in favour of the CC. I do like the DE-7 as well - another keeper.

• Members

It depends a lot on whether you like the digital or analog sound for your delay. Digital gives you more of a replicated repeating tone of very similar fidelity to the original note. However, that can very quickly overshadow the real-time notes that you're playing. I recently switched from a digi that burned out to the Carbon Copy and I'm very much appreciating the change. Its got a dreamy kind of repeat going on (especially with MOD engaged) behind what you're playing. If that's what you're shooting for, I think its a great buy especially with that miniscule footprint and modest price. My one beef with it is the retina-scorching blue LEDs that you can see from SPACE :eek:

• Members

Worst pedal ever.

Every time I turn it on... all it does is delay the signal. So I play a note, and then another note almost the same comes outs again like 3 or 4 times.

I think mine is broken or something?

• Members

Worst pedal ever.

Every time I turn it on... all it does is delay the signal. So I play a note, and then another note almost the same comes outs again like 3 or 4 times.

I think mine is broken or something?

:lol:

Archived