What is a fair price for a used Tim?

orangesix

• Members

It is my opinion, that is what i think.

Can you qualify 'piece of heaven' in some way? I already use a transparent overdrive with my distorted sound so I am interested. I guess I just don't understand the price tag on a pedal that supposedly doesn't change the 'tone' but just makes it louder.

• Members

The price tag is justified by what folks are willing to spend on the used market, nothing more. Hell on the bay Timmy goes for 200-225, but in the emporiums 175ish is the current rate. If you are really interested in picking up a Tim/Timmy go to Pauls' retailers. I waited less than a month.

For what it's worth I don't stack dirt and preferred the LTD SR over the Timmy.

• Members

Can you qualify 'piece of heaven' in some way? I already use a transparent overdrive with my distorted sound so I am interested. I guess I just don't understand the price tag on a pedal that supposedly doesn't change the 'tone' but just makes it louder.

it can change your tone (very versatile tone controls) and it has a lot more 'distortion' than you might imagine (especially with the extra clippers switched in) it does a lot more than 'just make it louder' .. you could use it as a clean boost but that's not what it is.

There's no heaven in there, but it's a nice overdrive without the 'hump' of a TS type.

• Members

it has a lot more 'distortion' than you might imagine (especially with the extra clippers switched in)

For real. I don't think most people understand the amount of gain the Timmy has. It's not going to work for metal but for most of what people on this board consider "high gain" it would work fine.

• Members

For real. I don't think most people understand the amount of gain the Timmy has. It's not going to work for metal but for most of what people on this board consider "high gain" it would work fine.

totally, I use for for 'clash' type sounds and 'new wave' kind of stuff like the Jam and also it's great for jangly indie overdrive.

although saying all that, I personally wouldn't pay $200 for one.

• Members

it can change your tone (very versatile tone controls) and it has a lot more 'distortion' than you might imagine (especially with the extra clippers switched in) it does a lot more than 'just make it louder' .. you could use it as a clean boost but that's not what it is.

There's no heaven in there, but it's a nice overdrive without the 'hump' of a TS type.

Cool, thanks.

• Members

The price of a Timmy pedal is 128 dollars.

The Tim is 158 dollars.

The sounds i am getting from my Tim pedal is like overdriving my own amp (Redplate Magic Dust Duo) but dialing the Volume (gain) on my amp very low and using the Tim with it's booster gives me the best liquid tones i could want.

When people say it doesn't change the tone, they might want to say that it doesn't color your tone.

Imaging your best tone and then imaging that tone cranked, breaking up, in a beautiful creamy way.

That is what one of this pedals will do for your tone.

You can also use the pedal (Tim) with your clean channel.

I can tell you right now that you can bring someone with Dog ears and if you do a blind test having the most beautiful amp on the verge of breaking and on the other hand a Tim, i can bet you the guy won't know which is which, that is how good this pedal has been for me. So good that sometimes i don't even use my MDD drive channels cause there is simply no need.

• Members

If Paul just raised the price of the Timmy to $170, the going used rate would probably eventually be somewhere around $150. They are so scarce because people buy them to flip them, they don't care to use it for it's designed purpose.

Archived