OT: foo and snl

• Members

wife and I decided it was time to give the snl standby line a chance. Stood out from 3 to 7am and got standby tickets for dress rehearsal. Numbers 30, 31, and 32. Slept from 11 to 3 and woke up with a huge migraine. I think I fel the excedrine kicking in... I hope.

hope we get in. Have seen the foo twice, once on the foo+weezer tour, and once when they opened for the police. But seeing them on suge a small stage would be awesome.

btw did anyone watch the documentary last tues?

we line up again at 715. Hope I get in. How dare they not honor this free, no guarantee, standby ticket! ;)

• Members

I've never really been into the Foo Fighters, it's not that I don't like them, I just never listened to them. I knew of Dave Grohl and all that, and his side project on Southern Lord, as well as Taylor playing drums on a Coheed and Cambria album, but never really payed attention to FF. I did see the documentary on Tuesday though, and I have a lot of respect for them after watching that. It was a really well done documentary, plus the 3d performance of their new album was really fun.

• Members

That sucks that you didn't get in.

Don't know if it's true but I recently heard that Dave Grohl has the most appearances as a SNL musical guest. What would they have been?

• I don't remember if he played SNL with Probot, Tenacious D, or Queens of the Stone Age.

• Members

There last few offerings were real bad, but this new single "Rope" has had me playing it over and over the past few days and I've been humming/singing it a lot at work too. Yeah, it's pretty catchy I'd say. And apparently the whole record is pretty good, I'm going to have to pick it up.

As for the SNL performance, it was {censored}ing tight!

• Members

That sucks that you didn't get in.

Don't know if it's true but I recently heard that Dave Grohl has the most appearances as a SNL musical guest. What would they have been?

• Nirvana. 2x, I think.

• Foo Fighters. 3 or 4 times maybe?

• Them Crooked Vultures.

I don't remember if he played SNL with Probot, Tenacious D, or Queens of the Stone Age.

In the documentary, it showed him playing with Tom Petty as well :o

Archived