HNPD x 3...

companyman

• Members

122.jpg

my recent new guitar, and my Goldtone....the new rig. I just need a 2x12 to be complete.

Nice one man. I've been rocking a USA Eclipse for about a year now. Scored it for $500 at my guitarcenter. It's that exact guitar with the exception of a wraparound bridge. Love it!

• Members

Nice one man. I've been rocking a USA Eclipse for about a year now. Scored it for $500 at my guitarcenter. It's that exact guitar with the exception of a wraparound bridge. Love it!

yeah man, this is one of the made in Korea versions of the Eclipse, only made for a few years from what I've read. I am astounded by the quality of this instrument, so much character and sustain from the really resonant 1 piece body and neck. The Made in the USA's must be amazing judging the quality of this one! About the only thing I will change is the knobs, I'm not a fan of the chrome knurled thing, I prefer to see my settings.....I may replace the tuners eventually, but yeah a top notch instrument.

• Members

DSCN1720.jpg

I am following Goodhonks example......

Out;

SMMH, Germ4

In;

OD-250, The Worm (Thanks Chaos Realms)
:wave:
, Memory Boy and the Holy Stain(possibly the worst pedal name ever?) I picked up a week ago.

Yes yes yes yes yes :love:

250 is my favorite OD ever, and you're running yours at the same setting I run mine. It's early breakup sound is great!

• Members

Yes yes yes yes yes
:love:
250 is my favorite OD ever, and you're running yours at the same setting I run mine. It's early breakup sound is great!

yeah, I dig it. Simple light OD that doesn't really need and EQ control, pretty flat EQ to it. I was looking at a used TOD and the 250, went with the DOD for the simplicity and the tasty sound, creamy and thick.

• Members

yeah man, this is one of the made in Korea versions of the Eclipse, only made for a few years from what I've read. I am astounded by the quality of this instrument, so much character and sustain from the really resonant 1 piece body and neck. The Made in the USA's must be amazing judging the quality of this one! About the only thing I will change is the knobs, I'm not a fan of the chrome knurled thing, I prefer to see my settings.....I may replace the tuners eventually, but yeah a top notch instrument.

My USA has Schaller tuners, stays in tune really well. Does yours have Seymour Duncan mini-humbuckers? I know it's standard on the US, not sure about the Korean made. Also, I know from experience that pictures do not do that beautiful color justice, it's gorgeous when under some light.

• Members

My USA has Schaller tuners, stays in tune really well. Does yours have Seymour Duncan mini-humbuckers? I know it's standard on the US, not sure about the Korean made. Also, I know from experience that pictures do not do that beautiful color justice, it's gorgeous when under some light.

121.jpg

mahogany is lovely, and needs no embellishment IMO. I am not sure if they are Duncans in this, I have been trying to research it and have come up with nothing....they may be the "Duncan Design" whatever that means.....the neck pickup is righteous, the bridge position is not the ideal position for these type pickups IMO, but after wedging some cardboard between the pickup and the surround to make the pickup sit more parallel under the strings, the tone is much fuller, less brittle than it was before. The design of the the adjustment screws in Firebird pickups doesn't allow for this adjustment, which they benefit enormously from!

Archived