My latest recording... work in progress, but thought I'd share anyways.

• Members

This won't be up for long as I'm not finished with it.

I don't even has bass guitar added yet, the middle guitar section is completely undeveloped, and I hate the mix.

The video footage is from my wife's hometown in France. I used a crappy Flip Cam and edited the footage in iMovie. No matter how many times I tried to stabilize and smooth the footage, it's still quite shaky gives me a bit of a headache :freak:

But here it is in its unfinished premature state. :wave:

(updated )

[video=youtube;Wtf19PIlH3E]

• Members

i had no idea the worm's phaser sounded that good. it's not overpowering like the small stone can be.

if you want someone else to lay down some bass tracks, pop on over to musician central, the bass guys there love to do that sort of thing.

• Members

I find your song really good. The vocal work is excellent.

I live in the South of France and I thought the video went very well with the song. I miss the bass part though and I hope you'll add it soon!

Thanks, brebis! Hopefully I can get a bass track on this weekend.

Where in Southern France do you live?

• Members

It is a very nice city. Just a pity there are not so many places where you can play live... I live about 62 miles from the Mediterranean coast and 150 miles from the Atlantic coast. I love the Atlantic coast and miss it, hence the song...

• Members

that's awesome Thomas! I've always been a great fan of your work!

This song sounds so fresh! I'm trying to figuring out what I'd like to add.

Handclaps, like suggested by GoodH seem a good start. Don't know where I like it more, though!

• Members

I've just listened to it again and I would add an acoustic rhythm guitar in the first chorus already (but mixed one on the left and the other on the right) to make the sound in the chorus more open and different from the verse. I think I would also add an electric guitar with a trebly and slightly crunch sound to play short 2-note chords rhythmically with the drums. The mouth harp is a good idea.

• Members
I've just listened to it again and I would add an acoustic rhythm guitar in the first chorus already (but mixed one on the left and the other on the right) to make the sound in the chorus more open and different from the verse. I think I would also add an electric guitar with a trebly and slightly crunch sound to play short 2-note chords rhythmically with the drums. The mouth harp is a good idea.

Great suggestions, brebis! I'll give that a try :)

• 4 months later...

Archived