Pedlulz for teh brootz?

thom

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What amp/cab have you been using when trying this stuff?

IMO you really need a closed back cab.

Yes. YES. YES

Its such a majorly overlooked part of distorted tones.

I actually got a call one day. A customer who bought a Suhr Riot was saying that he was unhappy with it. He's like the tone is thin! This things supposed to turn my fender into a roaring marshallish stack.

What amp you running it into?

fender frontman

• Members

Lots of interesting suggestions...But out of the affordable pedals that were mensioned, judging on a bunch of vids/clips I checked, the metal muff sounds pretty impressing.

Btw, my amp/cab: Fender ToneMaster and vintage Hiwatt 4x12cab with the original Fanes. This is probably like blasphemy for the vintage purists, but I'm thinking of swapping a pair of those Fanes for a pair of Vintage30s...I used to jam with someone who had the exact same rig as me, but had 4 of those Celestions Vintage30s in his cab. Sounded killer.

Oh and one of these days I'll get me a new geetar with humbuckers, I just never found an sg or les paul I really really loved as much as the teles, jazmasters and strats I own(ed). The P100s in my Les Paul jr Lite sound pretty humbucker-ish though, but it's not quite the same. Been gassing for somesort of es335 for ages, but I doubt that'd be the ideal choice for brutal super high gain {censored}.

Also: My buddy has a Blackstar HT20 (if that's what it's called), and I remember it sounding pretty similar to the HT-5 when we went to try em out in the store. Very nice amps for the money, but impo my ToneMaster is just as good if not better at the Marshall-esque crunch thing, especially with a little help from my overdrive pedlulz.

• Members

i recently replaced my crunchbox with a digitech hardwire SC-2...its like a DS-1 but way better and the saturated mode can get chuggah chugga/pinch harmonic squeeley without being overly fizzy. made this clip playin some AIC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzcAmCCYdtY

you mention you have a tubezone? i used to have the V3 (big six knob) and loved it. was the closest gain in pedal form i could dial in similiar to my old framus cobras crunch channel. i didnt make any clips of it, but i did recently get hold of the older V2 model and made this -

Archived