NGD - Wannabe snorkeldick with P90s...

jhamnett

• Members

9bbe657b.jpg

UPDATE 4/27, Demo time!

http://soundcloud.com/jhamnett/soapbar-demo

Picked up this beauty from forumite lowwatt. Was looking for something with P90s and had tried out a used SoapbarII at a local shop, loved the sound of these pickups. lowwatt ended up swapping out the A5 magnets for A2 for a more vintage vibe and switched the pickup covers from black to creme. Mmmmmmmmm, creme.

So it plays friggin awesomely. One of the best overall feeling Asian built guitars I've ever played, on par with the CIJ Fender Jag HH I had (different beasts, but both high quality). Might do a Garageband demo if you guys wanna hear how it sounds. Just can't believe the overall quality of these SE guitars (my gf's dad has a SE Custom 24 that's also amazing stock).

Bridge intonates very well, tuners might need an upgrade. Pots are nice and smooth. I'd actually put this on par with the Gibson LP Tribute models as far as sound and playability. That good!

Obligatory Instamatic filter of previous shot:

eb8fd3ab.jpg

Pic sent to me from lowwatt:

PRSSESoapbarI.jpg

(Thanks lowwatt!!)

• Members

i played one of those at GC a few years ago and loved it. i played another and hated it, and couldn't figure out why. i later found out that they used different wood and some are super heavy. is yours heavy?

i also really like the santana model they had out.

looked something like this one.

280158225738-2.jpg

• Members

^ Yeah, it's really cool. I was considering waiting out for a used Gibby SG Classic Faded but this came about at a good price and I'm glad I grabbed it.

cratz2: sorry, but I am actually full snorkeldick, own a PRS CE24

I love PRS :idk: There is a Custom 22/24 on my list to buy. I don't really care what be may say about them :thu:

• Members

I love PRS
:idk:
There is a Custom 22/24 on my list to buy. I don't really care what be may say about them
:thu:

Yeah, the title of the thread was a bit tongue-in-cheek. They're really well built and sound great. Even the SE line, every one I've played has been solid.

Played my CE24 for the first time in a while and I forgot how effortless it is to play.

Archived