NAD! Garnet Pro 200 Super content. Yum

joshmac

• Members

[NEW PICS, SORRY FOR THE BIGNESS] Here is my new amp, an old Garnet Pro 200 Super. Sounds AWESOME. If you havent heard of Garnet they are/were a popular canadian amp company who made amps for some big canadian bands like Big Sugar and The Guess Who. Fantastic amps at great prices if ya look hard enough. Fuckin diggin it so far

DSCN0158.jpg

DSCN0161.jpg

DSCN0169.jpg

So sweet. Check this documentary teaser. My big influence is Gordie Johnson from Big Sugar who uses these amps a lot.

[video=youtube;koykStZtUhM]

Seeing the documentary made me really want one. Hot Damn

• Members

Congrats on the awesome NAD! How many watts does that baby push?

Garnets are quite possibly the coolest and most unique amps ever. I really want to own one someday because they sure do sound cool. It sucks though that there were not all that many of them made and they're starting to get pricey.

• Members

My first amp was a Garnet Gnome.

Love Gordie Johnson (and his toanz) as well. I saw him three times with Big Sug and once with Grady. I was supposed to go see the Trews in my hometown a few years back and at the end of the night they called up a "special guest" to jam the encore with them. It was Gordie. My bud said he proceeded to tear the house down (I can't complain my son was born that night). Dude has a good life.

I am always hesitant to buy a vintage amp as I am afraid it will become a money pit.

• Members

This one was just recently serviced. Checked out all ok. 50 watts, EL34s and AX7s. It sounds super unique, it is going to pair REALLY nice with my JTM45. It is a killer amp and for 400 bucks I personally think it was a great buy. Ill get some better pics tomorrow when its light out. SWEET

• Members

I would like to see that documentary. They should start up the brand again, I think there would be a market for them.

they never quit as far as I know, still going. his son runs it now I believe. they make the Hertzog (tube fuzz head)reissue and the Guillotine tube od pedal. I don't think they make amps any more.

• Members

Reauchambeau, awesome amp man. The guy I bought this off of has a Session Man, a Deputy II, a Lil Rock and another. Here are some more pics I snapped today. This thing sounds unbelievable. Had it goin through a 2x12 with good celestions and it sounded wonderful.

DSCN0167.jpg

DSCN0162.jpg

DSCN0160.jpg

DSCN0159.jpg

• 9 months later...
  • Members

I love canadian made amps! I collect them exclusively

here is a pic of my rig .. the small amp is a Garnet D45R combo

the head on top of it is a Riviera 725 made in montreal quebec

the other head on top of it is a courier 100 made in toronto by fanon

the traynor is YSR-1 custom reverb made in toronto

and right beside it is my also newly purchased Garnet pro 200! mine is the later model which doesnt have the switches for the boosts instead mine has push/pull pots

awesome to see another canadian amp lover! have you tried cranking the amp? let me tell you it's got alot of HONK! :D

canamps.jpg

I play through all three amps at once... the riviera and courier work but I dont use them

its a big ass wall of canadian sound!

Archived