Do any of you buy strings in bulk?

• Members

I wish I could! I can't find places that sell them in 10 or 25 packs.

I string most of my guitars with D'Addario EXL 115w (11s with a wound G)

And then there's the Moog guitar that I buy their brand strings for.

• Members

I did once. It was a bad experience.

I bought 10 packs of strings off ebay. The transaction was fine but the strings were dull sounding. Guess they were old (even though they were sealed in plastic).

Seemed like a good idea to buy a whole bunch of something I'm inevitably going to buy from my local store at twice the price.....

I couldn't wait to get through them and started changing them every week just to use them up and I've still got a few packs left that I'll never use.

Buying a bag of your favorite picks though is a really good idea and not only saves you money but you'll never find yourself looking for one ever. Dump 'em in a coffee mug and designate it to the top of your amp.

• Members

Quantum mechanics isn't that hard to understand, most of it just looks/sounds fancy :lol:. I'm in the same boat as Clay, once I figure out a gauge that I like on my JM, I'll be ordering some sets from nakedstrings.

• Members

I've been using the Rogue bulk strings from Musician's Friend for 20 years and have excellent results. I believe they are Martin manufactured. They've been real consistent and reliable. I pay around $2.50 per set. No complaints.

Archived