NK(lone)D!

• Members

I had this Klone custom made by a builder that can replicate all kinds of pedals. He used the Madbean Sun King board which has a very good reputation for building Klones. In addition to the Sun King board, he also installed a secondary board which has 8 dip switches which allow for all kinds of diode/LED clipping options. In essence, the pedal is a Klone/super versatile low-med gain OD!! The pedal looks and sounds great!

DSC01539.jpg

DSC01540.jpg

• Members

sensational, makes my cool looking klon klone look less cool.

Thanks man! It's a really cool pedal, it sounds great. I've got the builder working on a couple of other potential projects for me including a Screwdriver Deluxe clone, a Tone Bender that has a switch that turns it into a fuzz face and a DM-2 clone. The guy does really good work! He went above and beyond with my Klone. The dip switches were entirely his idea.

• Members

I don't think so. It's true bypass if that's what you mean.

No it isn't, he's wired it as the original is with the switch dumping the Overdrive circuit clipping diodes to ground and connecting to the buffer output instead of the FX output. He's also used some pretty large carbon comps on the switch, which are always in your signal path (just like the original Klon).

The new board with the DIP switches is quite a cool idea however.

• Members

No it isn't, he's wired it as the original is with the switch dumping the Overdrive circuit clipping diodes to ground and connecting to the buffer output instead of the FX output. He's also used some pretty large carbon comps on the switch, which are always in your signal path (just like the original Klon).

The new board with the DIP switches is quite a cool idea however.

The dip-switch idea is definitely cool, but if you want more control from the outside of the pedal, Madbean has a picture on his site where he set of two toggle switches so you can mix and match all sorts of diodes, or take them completely out of the circuit. It's definitely pretty cool.

Archived