Marshall footswitch keeps breaking! Need an alternative

• Members

I have just a single button marshall footswitch that i use to switch between channels on my marshall dsl50. Im tired of trying to solder this summbitch back together. Its a piece of junk to say the least. Is there something I could use as an alternative? Need something sturdy.

• Members

What part of it keeps breaking, is it breaking at the plug end or at the end where the switch is? Can you tell what's causing it to break? Those are generally fairly sturdy, even if they are plastic, which makes me wonder what's up with yours.... there are ways to fix it, though.... do you have a picture of it? Is it one where the cable just comes out of the case, or does it have a jack in the case where you can plug a cable of your choice in to it?

• Members

Thanks for the help. I already did the instrument jack modification. That worked for a little bit but then the actual switch mechanism died. Went to radioshack and bought a new switch. Soldered that sucker in there and it worked fine for a little while. That eventually broke. Going to get a voodooman as im tired of messing with it.

• Members

Thanks for the help. I already did the instrument jack modification. That worked for a little bit but then the actual switch mechanism died. Went to radioshack and bought a new switch. Soldered that sucker in there and it worked fine for a little while. That eventually broke. Going to get a voodooman as im tired of messing with it.

Well, there's your problem. You bought a piece of {censored} switch from Radio Shack. I'll fix it for you for the cost of parts and shipping.

• Members

Well, there's your problem. You bought a piece of {censored} switch from Radio Shack. I'll fix it for you for the cost of parts and shipping.

I agree. Go to reliable electronics store/distributer like Smallbear or Mouser, not Radio {censored}.

Archived